What riding gear do you wear?

Well...thats a good testament..Got me looking at my Airglide jacket to see if I could switch out the back pad...Does this stuff come made specifically for your jacket? Heres mine...Not gonna fit..
20200808_105048.jpg

I think you’re on the right track. It takes some sleuthing, first I measured mine, then I started reading about what was available. Not every retailer shows the dimensions, you have to look around until you find one that shows the measurements. I saw those rectangular pads when I was looking for mine. My Tourmaster jackets ( I have two of them ) have a really weird shaped back protector that is skinny on the upper part with padding that is wide around the kidney area of your back.
6E8E9F8F-29E9-4021-824A-03C904B4B3CE.jpeg
I didn’t find any armor company that makes a direct replacement, there’s nothing even close, and the pocket for that armor is that exact shape.

HEADS UP!
Diamond Gusset is unloading discontinued Defender motorcycle jeans at a deeply discounted price. I just ordered my third pair. I wear their other jeans as well. For me, the fit is exactly the same as Levis 505. By that, I mean size. These have higher waist, better fit for me.
reij8nkbasmmxvfhddjr.jpg

This one come to me under $75 with shipping.

Good luck finding riding jeans for less! The only downside to the old style is my plus size iPhone doesn't seal into the utility pocket. The corner will stick out.

Man! They make this way too hard, every retailer shows this product available in three sizes, and nobody shows the dimensions! I finally found it on the D3O website.

https://www.d3o.com/media/1351/d3o-viper-central-1.pdf
Yeah i noticed that too..I'm like what? Why wouldnt you want to provide that information...The backpad i showed is not an exact fit by any means...so it isnt one size fits all...

HEADS UP!
Diamond Gusset is unloading discontinued Defender motorcycle jeans at a deeply discounted price. I just ordered my third pair. I wear their other jeans as well. For me, the fit is exactly the same as Levis 505. By that, I mean size. These have higher waist, better fit for me.
reij8nkbasmmxvfhddjr.jpg

Good luck finding riding jeans for less! The only downside to the old style is my plus size iPhone doesn't seal into the utility pocket. The corner will stick out.
Ive looked at those..they're like $60 before shipping..But I like real textile motorccycle specific pants..My Ranger2s have armor and are waterproof...No need for me to don a frogg toggs like i did last sept and then the pants melted on those beautiful exhausts...plus I looked pretty stupid wearing that baggy stuff...So now my jacket and my pants are 3 seasons and waterproof..and looking good all the time.. :D

HEADS UP!
reij8nkbasmmxvfhddjr.jpg

I looked at those jeans about a month ago, I was considering them. Unfortunately they are only available with really long inseams for my waist size.

I looked at those jeans about a month ago, I was considering them. Unfortunately they are only available with really long inseams for my waist size.
Unfortunate. I bought some a few years ago off their trailer at Barber. They brought their dressing rooms with them. I wasn't out to buy, but tried them on and bought 'em! They're a great value, IMHO.

I've got a couple HJC helmets an IS-12 with the integrated sun shade that I wear to work since I never know if it'll be light or dark by the time I leave and a CL-17 that I wear when I'm just out for a ride with a dark visor.
A couple JoeRocket jackets, neither are mesh, one is a lot heavier with leather on the shoulders and elbows so I wear it whenever temps get below 65F or so. Even the full textile jacket isn't bad up to the 95F mark as long as you're moving though getting stuck in traffic in it isn't fun.
Gloves I've been really happy with AlpineStars SP2s and have had several pairs of them, then a cheap pair of CycleGear house brand winter gloves for anything below 60F.
I've got a set of textile riding pants that I'll wear over regular jeans out for a ride when it's cool enough to still be comfortable, but the vast majority of the time it's just regular jeans. Reinforced toe over the ankle work boots all the time too.

And of course the only time I've ever been down was this spring when I didn't have anything but my boots on not having planned to be riding that day when I left the house.

I really like Tobacco Motorwear out of California, I have their Kevlar-lined jeans, which are really comfortable and made from high-quality denim, and look like a nice pair of non-moto jeans. They weren't cheap, but I wanted to have something I could wear into the office without having to change.

I also have the McCoy jacket from Tobacco with D3O armor. It's heavy, which I don't mind in all but the hottest weather, but it's made in the USA and seems very well made. It's waxed cotton and totally wearable off the bike as well.

For boots and gloves I have leather Helstons, which I like a lot, and complement the bike very well looks-wise (classic moto!). I have the blackout full-face helmet from Urban Helmets. Wasn't too expensive and I love the snap-on visor.
upload_2020-8-10_9-59-22.png

My two riding buddies and I all have Sena SMH10 headsets so we can crack jokes and shoot the breeze while we ride.

Here's a pic of me with the jeans/jacket/boots on a nice ride up around Cape Ann, Mass (Gloucester/Rockport) on Saturday
E97E8FA8-1269-421F-93A9-A9B3CEC628EE.jpeg

Here's a pic of me with the jeans/jacket/boots on a nice ride up around Cape Ann, Mass (Gloucester/Rockport) on Saturday
View attachment 173159

You are stylin'!

What kind of fit is that helmet? I have a long oval head. Arai fits. HJC does not. I've got a Biltwell Gringo that is comfortable for what it is, as in it doesn't give me a headache, but it doesn't give me warm fuzzies about protecting my noggin.

I like that bike! At age 15, the dealer brochure for that bike was tacked up on the wall in my bedroom.

Haha, thanks Marty. Trying to do the bike justice after all my hard work, ha.
The fit is pretty good, although I had to add a piece of foam to the top, but I think that's probably my head (I think I've realized in recent years that I have a bit of a pointy head, haha). The only other helmet I've worn is a Typhoon (from Amazon) which is now a backup. Great helmet for the money, Snell approved....it was just a little more 'modern sport' looking than I prefer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AWUGV5U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like that bike! At age 15, the dealer brochure for that bike was tacked up on the wall in my bedroom.
Thanks! I created a build post for it earlier this year if you're interested. I like it too :) My first bike ever!

The new knee pads arrived today. They are Furygan D3O:
Full.JPG
They are as flexible as advertised:
Croiss.JPG
Anyone for a croissant?

I fitted them in my Kelvar jeans and what a difference. All the bulkiness has gone away and when I sit down they mould gently around my knees and stay in place. If only I knew about them a year or two ago - Thank you Mailman. They cost me £10 + £4 p&p. The current market price here is £19 - £24.

Oh, now my hip pads feel uncomfortable.....:umm:

The new knee pads arrived today. They are Furygan D3O:
View attachment 173373
They are as flexible as advertised:
View attachment 173374
Anyone for a croissant?

I fitted them in my Kelvar jeans and what a difference. All the bulkiness has gone away and when I sit down they mould gently around my knees and stay in place. If only I knew about them a year or two ago - Thank you Mailman. They cost me £10 + £4 p&p. The current market price here is £19 - £24.

Oh, now my hip pads feel uncomfortable.....:umm:

Very cool! I’m happy their working for you!

Back