Trade - What to do with my XS2???

prmurat

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a beautiful XS2 Yamaha with 40,000 miles on it, Bought it for my wife and patiently worked on it: new tires, front fork redone (+conical bearings), new caliper & master cylinder/SS line, Boyer EI/coils, Sparx alternator & reg, new stock mufflers/pipes (Mike's repro), oil filter/cooler, new shocks, bronze swing arm bearings, carbs professionaly redone, new faces on speedo/tacho, new cables all around, new seat, new battery, new air filter, recent paint (invested a total ~ $8000.00...). Cons: small oil leak, noisy starter (as all) and one turn signal side does not work (??).
Unsalable without taking a huge loss (more than 50%...I'd rather burn it:banghead:), I really thought she would like it but she finds it too "twitchy", not stable enought (can't disagree with her) and a little too vibby (all the things that make the charm of the XS!!).
Now I am looking for an adv bike such as Yamaha TDM, Honda Transalp, 650 Vstrom or older GS for my wify... more comfy and dirt able!! (changing wife??).
Me??? I'd like a TX750...

IMG_3125_zps0ec704f3.jpg

Great looking bike. If you don't need to sell it just put it aside. Start her up and run around the block every now and then to keep lubed. :D Eventually It will be worth what you have in it. Or if you have a big enough office, put that bitch on a pedestal :shrug:

Oil cooler is from Mike xs/heiden tuning, it replaces the standard mesh element with a Honda xr paper filter element.