Whats your weather right now?

About 5" of snow overnight but sun`s out and 81 degrees already so it will melt in a couple of hours.:bs: Belated April 1st post.
DSCN1542-001.JPG

Cardiff Wales UK: Blue sky today but a cool wind. I gave the Virago an oil change so ready for tomorrow's blue sky. I used a 20w50 but hope someone can suggest something better?
Hope the weather holds out for you Paul; it ain’t predictable that’s for sure.
Regarding oil; you make your choice and pay your money……👍

And after a cold, clear night we had frost this morning. Now, I hoped that this late in the year, a single night frost might not lead to the Scottish Government calling the salt trucks out . . .

However, just in case, decided to use Polly, Kawasaki W800 for today's outing to the shops. Ok, it's a cold morning but dry so I'll put on overalls/boiler suit for an extra layer. Didn't get far before my NaCl fears were confirmed. And then it started to rain. Not heavy, not worth turning back, gonna get wet as well as cold but been here before.

Bought and paid for £46 worth of shopping, reached behind meself for the rucksack and BUGGER! Left the blasted thing at home. You stoopid man, what are you going to do now?

Bought a plastic carrier bag - gives me the option of leaving my purchases with Customer Services while I head home to fetch a rucksack. But really didn't want to do that with the rain now a bit heavier.

Ended up putting the bag full of shopping down the front of me jacket. Just about fits if I do up the bottom popper stud, pull my stomach in a bit, yank the jacket around tight and do up the top stud. Leaving the rest open, shopping bag hanging out but not in any way sealing up the wide open jacket. Ooh err, it wasn't a comfortable ride home. Cold, raining, salty spray on the bike, wet and drafty with jacket not closed, plus the thought the bag might split or make a break for freedom.

No heroics, gritted teeth, shortest route home. Two sets of roadworks and a broken-down timber lorry on the Melrose by-pass, just to give some unexpected delays. Bag held together and didn't fall out so after a longer time than usual I was cold, wet and home again.

Eh, motorbikes are fun.

Back