Whats your weather right now?

20210215_075841.jpg
20210215_075821.jpg

Back at work. Coffee outside :)

Right we've got a layer of ice, about a quarter inch of sleet on top of that, and then another layer of ice on top of the sleet. There is a real fine mist of freezing rain falling again but my boys and I were out passing a puck around on the ice on the driveway so that was fun. It's unusual but not unheard of or anything. I've lived in Nashville since 2003 and we've had a couple ice storms here since then and a couple episodes of 4-5 inches of snow at a time. The temperatures are cold in the mid 20s F but back in 2012 we had a couple days with highs in single digits F.

The Nashville area is still almost completely unprepared for any winter weather with duration. They salted and brined the roads over the weekend but with this deal supposed to last until Thursday morning they just can't keep up. I'll miss the money from not going to work but it's not the end of the world.

GAAAH! Temps in single digits last two nights and more of the same predicted for the next two. Snowing with 8" in the forecast. Night before last the power went out at 3 A.M.--low battery beep from the cordless phones woke us. Lit up a propane camp stove in the generator housing to get the diesel genny warm enough to fire, which it succeeded in doing with the aid of a little shot of ether--had to have power for the well pump and well house heater or we would have said goodbye to the plumbing, as power wasn't restored until 9 A.M. and temp was around 5*F. I'm gonna set a Hav-a-Heart trap for that damn groundhog and skin the little SOB alive--no more shadow gazing for him!

Today's high in Saskatoon will be minus 18ºC.
The roads are all frozen although traffic has worn the main roads clear of snow.
The usual crop of long-term residents who drive like they'd never seen snow before have had their ditched &/or inverted vehicles towed away.
I used to plate my bike on April 1st if the roads were clear but found that buying the new plate magically summoned a late snowstorm.
May 1st has become my new norm, so long as it ain't snowing.

Power grid here in KC is stressed big time. Evening news said the power company is doing rolling blackouts throughout the metro. Entire districts shut down for 30 min. We haven't been hit yet....yet

This was just on the news. :yikes:

Untitled.png

When the the volcano in Iceland went off in about 2010 and the planes stopped flying it was reported that the cleaner air resulted in an average drop of about 1 Celsius. Has anyone heard similar reports because of the Covid-19 lockdowns? With the volcano it was in Spring, perhaps this time our Winter is just that bit colder so more severe?

Had power 16 hours out of the last 72. 2/3 of the homes in my county are out. It will take days to repair. Can't call in crews from elsewhere because we are all in the same boat
Know that hasn't been much for power. Hope you are doing OK.
Wonder how 2M is doing?

Back