Whats your weather right now?

Hazy

beer.jpg

IPA

Very funny weather for mid-April. Not laugh-out-loud funny, just weird - the air is really cold, frosty nights and Cooncil gritters oot every night.

But the Sun is getting stronger every day. Alright the Sun isn't getting stronger but you probably know what I mean. If you sit in the sunshine it feels warm while in the shade it's bloomin' cold.

We have two different climates here. Back yard - no sun for most of the day at this time of year - and front garden, which benefits from sunlight reflecting off the house.

Chose not to go out on the roads today, so instead attended to Mrs' request for some stakes to support nets around the vegetable beds. Something about keeping cats and birds away?

A productive day, and it were lovely and warm working out front:

PICT2580.JPG PICT2581.JPG

Haven't made so many sharpened stakes since I worked for Hammer Studios . . .

47F, chill in the air but no wind. Time to fire up the grill. In honor of Gary's birthday we are having Brats. I don't need much or any any excuse to fire up the grill or cook brats!:cool:

Threat of a frost this eve, hoping its not too bad. Peaches, cherries and plums have bloomed so far, apples are blooming now and the chestnuts are leafing. Redbuds are at peak flowering with a bit of leaf showing......we don't want a hard freeze......kinda getting over feeding the wood stove for this season.

Still cold air, still frosty nights, still lighting the stove every evening.

But the days are getting longer, it's light now 5 am to 9 pm. And the afternoons are getting warmer, as long as you sit in the sun and there's no breeze.

Yesterday, out with Miss November on the B6400 - my local handling track - with new tyres, cloudless blue sky, birds singing in the hedges, the thought came to mind that these early rides are the best miles of the year?

30F (-1.1C) and a few inches of snow this morning? Mo/Kan has some pretty erratic weather but snow on April 20th is not normal....:wtf:

30F (-1.1C) and a few inches of snow this morning? Mo/Kan has some pretty erratic weather but snow on April 20th is not normal....:wtf:

We set a record of 3.2" Yeah.... not normal. I took a pic this morning of my truck covered in snow.... got disgusted and deleted it. :banghead:
On the bright side... all I have in the ground is onions... they'll be fine. Normally I'd have tomatoes and more in by now.

It's pretty cold in Mississippi as well. I did my weekend trip wearing thermal underwear and a hoodie under an insulated leather jacket. I still got cold soaked. I expect the heat to come on suddenly.

Back