Whats your weather right now?

20210420_183821.jpg
Five and a Half Hours Later

Still a nudge above freezing.

It's a beautiful today on my ride to work, thunder storms midafternoon but should be gone by the time I leave. Tomorrow however, I leave Northern Virginia on my way to Florida to camp with some grandkids over the weekend. The morning temp is going to be at freezing here. That's good luck right?

Yup, here in Canada’s Banana Belt, things weather-wise, are pretty odd. FWIW, Lakeview and I live at about the same latitude as Northern California and our climate here is classed as Carolinian so we can grow a lot of the same plants as people who live 6-800 miles south of us. Riding season for me begins in mid-March and by late April, our temperatures are often in the 25-30C (75-85 deg. F) range - but nooop, not this year.

Here are some photos of our backyard this morning.....

BC229091-0003-4602-8B67-1F8536B93E43.jpeg

F70F199F-CA77-45DB-8F59-4665CD1B69D0.jpeg

With all the snow hanging in the trees, I suspect that there must have been no wind last night (although we did have a 5 minute power failure which is a very rare event hereabouts). Even Millie-the-Dog rushed through her morning ablutions and scuttled back inside chop-chop.

Last edited:
......oh, and by the way @Mailman - this would NOT be a good time for you to post that much maligned photo of yourself floating around in your pool with your breakfast pina colada....;)

Best regards,

All your Northern Brethren living in Canada and the US.

......oh, and by the way @Mailman - this would NOT be a good time for you to post that much maligned photo of yourself floating around in your pool with your breakfast pina colada....;)

Best regards,

All your Northern Brethren living in Canada and the US.

Ok Pete, no pool photos! :D We’re already sweating here with temperatures brushing up against 100 degrees. My air conditioner has been running for almost a month already.
Welcome to springtime in Arizona! o_O

Cardiff Wales: Our weather has been fabulous for the last week with 15 - 16 Celsius and light frosts some mornings. Cardiff has an average humidity of approx. 80%, but we have been getting down to the 40s and even as low as 37%. The problem with this is its making my latest crop of Salami hanging in the garage dry far to quickly...:shrug:

9 C & Rained Off and On All Day
And the picture would not load right.
The Province's Covid coping strategy shut down the restaurant customers that a local greenhouse had for its beefsteak tomatoes and peppers.
So the farmer set up a stand on the road and charged $10.00 a flat (35 count) for the tomatoes and $2.00 for a bag of 3 peppers.
Made a nice lunch sandwich.
One hopes that farmer got some of his cost out of this, plus he did not have to truck them to the landfill.
Didn't Steinbeck write about something similar?
Scary times.

Attachments

• 20210429_122854.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Back