Whats your weather right now?

After months of being in a drought (I mowed my lawn once this year) we got 2.5" of rain overnight Wha Hoo
Having a well helped a lot but it got so dry the maple trees in my yard had the leaves drying up and falling off the trees (were talking big mature trees)
I started watering all my trees just to give them a little help and I had to water the garden daily just to keep it going (the tomato plants are about half the size they normally would be)
Question for you all if the trees lost all their leaves do to the drought would the be fine next year like what happens to the lawn ?

TeamWicked, that stone garden looks great in the wet. Brings out all the colors.
Thanks, I did that in most of the yard. With a good plastic edge is stays neat with occassional trimmimg. That is a horseshoe shaped firepit in the foreground.
20210606_204424.jpg

Last edited:
After months of being in a drought (I mowed my lawn once this year) we got 2.5" of rain overnight Wha Hoo
Having a well helped a lot but it got so dry the maple trees in my yard had the leaves drying up and falling off the trees (were talking big mature trees)
I started watering all my trees just to give them a little help and I had to water the garden daily just to keep it going (the tomato plants are about half the size they normally would be)
Question for you all if the trees lost all their leaves do to the drought would the be fine next year like what happens to the lawn ?
I sure hope so, cuz many of our larger bushes and trees are loosing most of their leaves, though our dry spell wasn't as bad as your drought.
We just put up 3 racks of horse hay tonight, about 400 small square bales.

It has cooled down here and we have got 3+ inches of rain in the last week
Might even rain today hell the grass looks good again and I even mowed it (only second time this summer) yesterday cause it was looking pretty shaggy

...400 small square bales. Somebody has been working! :thumbsup: and 10 bucks a bale around here!
Wife sez you better tell Tex our small squares are SMALL squares, 2 bands of twine about 40lbs. $4 the last couple years. She worked show horses on a ranch near Brenham back in the 80's

Cardiff Wales: Super fine today and tomorrow. Figs ripening quickly. Started on a little ride and noticed an increase in vibration with the front brakes. Went home and put a dial indicator on the discs to discover a warped one. Only 2000 miles on that new disc and now buggered. It happens to be the disc that the pads took ages to bed in on - Probably not a coincidence!

Wife sez you better tell Tex our small squares are SMALL squares, 2 bands of twine about 40lbs. $4 the last couple years. She worked show horses on a ranch near Brenham back in the 80's

Mine are small too. Two wires. Rats will run twine and you have a mess. About 50 - 55 lbs. Still hot and dry, too hot to ride anything! Slight chance of rain but unlikely. Brenham, in the 80's. Time flies when your having fun.

Getting colder in the mornings. This morning's daily walk, cold banks of fog lying over the River Tweed.

It will warm up to about 17°C, about 60°F this afternoon. Still riding the bikes, they ain't started putting salt out.

Cold and wet.

That was yesterday. Apparently we had a month-worth of rain in twenty-four hours. So cold we had the heating on for the first time this autumn.

Today, cloudless sky, sunny, warm beautiful day, temps well above average for this time of year. Managed out on 2/3 of the bikes.

Hope Adam had a chance to ride his bike or at least take a few piccies?

That was yesterday. Apparently we had a month-worth of rain in twenty-four hours. So cold we had the heating on for the first time this autumn.

Today, cloudless sky, sunny, warm beautiful day, temps well above average for this time of year. Managed out on 2/3 of the bikes.

Hope Adam had a chance to ride his bike or at least take a few piccies?
Sadly no ride today. Even though the weather was good if cold. Work pressures came first. I had retired at 55 years of age; but there is only so much Homes Under The Hammer and Loose Women you can take on daytime TV. So at 55yrs 3 months I started another business. I am mad:banghead:

Back