Whats your weather right now?

Well, that cold front made my ride to work 37°F this morning. While that keeps my seedlings inside, Buzzy thoroughly loves the cold damp air. I am so happy with the 650 engine's performance on mornings like this. It's like having an extra boost of 15 HP. I know it is not, but the feeling is still there.

We had rain all day and a low moisture in the evening. Grilling country ribs on the back deck.

Attachments

• 16535283541934509301264360323128.jpg
    16535283541934509301264360323128.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 16535283998151101205090333865541.jpg
    16535283998151101205090333865541.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 16535284443573762021604343548319.jpg
    16535284443573762021604343548319.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 46
Not really a weather report but thought I'd post this here because on 5th May I showed the cherry tree in blossom in the back yard. All those millions of petals have to come down and when they do they get everywhere so today swept the garage. First pull the bikes out:

PICT0235.JPG

Sweep the garage - don't it look bigger wivout the bikes?

PICT0239.JPGPICT0241.JPGPICT0242.JPG

Job done, garage tidier, bikes back inside. This is the scene that greets me every morning when the garage doors are flung open:

PICT0243.JPG

Now let's see what happens with those ominous clouds:

PICT0244.JPG

Not really a weather report but thought I'd post this here because on 5th May I showed the cherry tree in blossom in the back yard. All those millions of petals have to come down and when they do they get everywhere so today swept the garage. First pull the bikes out:

View attachment 215117

Sweep the garage - don't it look bigger wivout the bikes?

View attachment 215118View attachment 215119View attachment 215120

Job done, garage tidier, bikes back inside. This is the scene that greets me every morning when the garage doors are flung open:

View attachment 215121

Now let's see what happens with those ominous clouds:

View attachment 215122
Our cherry tree is a beautiful thing when in bloom....... For just a few weeks per year. It’s really old and rotted through the main trunk, home to many insects and fungi. The main branches drop often, and threatens to topple when storms get up. Yet it still flowers every year, produces fruit for the birds, and I love it.

Imagine my surprise when I got home today and......it’s disappeared!
The wife got the tree surgeon in who condemned it as dangerous; cut it down and took it away for just £500! Very sad, but probably chancing my arm for the past 10 years. Oh well.

We're into that part of the year where it never gets truly dark. As I write this, its quarter past ten and its dusk outside. It will get a bit darker, but there will be some light in the northern sky until by 3 am it will be noticeably getting light again.

Today has been warm and dry and hopefully same again tomorrow. Further South, people celebrating the Queen's Platinum Jubilee face showers tomorrow. So for some of them, it will rain on their street parties.

Cardiff, Wales: Nice hot day with blue sky and a few fluffy white clouds - 18 Celsius. I went for a short ride to Merthyr Tydfil to grab you all a photo of a nice old stone railway viaduct. It was difficult to get and required me to break the law and pull off onto the road works:
Viaduct.JPG

This viaduct is now part of a cycle path network. I'd love to see a genuine US or Canadian equivalent in timber, the type you see being blown up in the movies...:hump:

Cardiff, Wales: Nice hot day with blue sky and a few fluffy white clouds - 18 Celsius. I went for a short ride to Merthyr Tydfil to grab you all a photo of a nice old stone railway viaduct. It was difficult to get and required me to break the law and pull off onto the road works:

Well, Thank You for breaking the law on our behalf - great picture and it is an impressive viaduct.

This is our local railway viaduct, just a mile down the road.

PICT2328.JPG

Apologies if I've put this up before. Bit of a grey day when I took that - in sunlight, the bridge is a lovely shade of pink sandstone. Opened 1863, closed to rail traffic in 1965, came close to being demolished in the 1980s but now a Grade A listed building. I was breaking the law the first time I walked across it but it has since been incorporated in an official footpath.

I like the warmth in the stone work Raymond, such perfect archs too. Lucky for us the UK is full of 100s of these old stone viaducts and all are amazing sights. A month back I tried to photograph a small three arch one in a fabulous setting, infront of the Breacons Reservoir near Pen-y-Fan, but it was too difficult and dangerous to get to a good position. I shall try again...

Cardiff, Wales: Nice hot day with blue sky and a few fluffy white clouds - 18 Celsius. I went for a short ride to Merthyr Tydfil to grab you all a photo of a nice old stone railway viaduct.
Merthyr Tydfil was once the Industrial Capital having been blessed with Coal, Iron Ore and high quality Limestone. But the name has an unusual origin. According to legend, Tydfil was the twenty-third daughter of Brychan, King of Brycheiniog. She was murdered/martyred in about 480AD by the very pagans she sought to convert to Christianity. The town name refers to her place of death with Merthyr meaning Martyr in Welsh, probably via Latin.

Beautiful day in Newport today. House jobs to do and Sunday Roast to cook. No bike time sadly, but as all the wiring is off the bike no surprise either😁

Back