Whats your weather right now?

20220731_114906.jpg

Just been out for my daily walk. It's been dry for weeks, the streams have stopped running, the river Tweed is low, everybody is saying we need rain.

And the forecast at the weekend said rain on Monday, thunder storms likely. After a hot, uncomfortable night, woke to occasional flashes and distant rumbles, but still dry so went straight out. It was weird - the early half-light under big clouds, the rain just getting underway, big sploshy drops, odd flashes, rumbles and creaking noises from the sky.

The rain became more of a steady downpour as I walked. But looking outside as I write, seems to have stopped again.

Dry and hot for some time now. Game fishing on the rivers Wye / Usk and tributaries is all but stopped due to heat and very low water levels. Fish in upper river areas are being rescued and moved to better catchments with some water.

Last edited:
After that brief spell this morning, no more rain yet.

At breakfast, Mrs looked up a forecast app - she's got this mobile phone thingy and trusts what it tells her. Confidently predicted that we would have thunder, lightning and heavy rain before two this afternoon. It nearly three o'clock and still dry . . .

Should have gone out on a bike. Any bike. That woulda dun it.

Gosh that's hot! And you get your 10-day forecast a whole month early:laugh2:

C'mon up to Wisconsin Bob! We don't cheat we're going to have September first............

View attachment 223612

Then again with those temps my brain might be a bit addled too. :whistle:

Ooops! 🫣 Got a little ahead of myself didn’t I? Yeah….I’m gonna blame the heat for cooking my brain! 🙄

Nice temps Gary!

Turned a lot cooler - still August but out early today felt like Autumn.

Anyway, it's cloudy but dry so a run on the XS it just had to be. Went the long way round to Carter Bar on the Border. The photo-op of Border marker and bike was available without some bloke in a kilt blawin' the bagpies and selling cheap tat to tourists.

PICT0482.JPGPICT0480.JPGPICT0481.JPG

Rain. Goodness knows we need it. Been raining all night, absolutely soaked on my daily walk this morning, and it's still raining now. Mild though - temps about 17-19°C, that's maybe 62-66°F. Streams and rivers still very low, we will need a lot more to bring them up.

Seems like Summer is over! Sod it, I've nearly finished my re-wire and haven't turned a wheel this Summer.

Back