Whats your weather right now?

Sounds like that is a touchy subject?

I'll just repeat my sympathy, which seems so inadequate for people who have lost everything and in some cases their lives.
Yes. A monster like this takes an extreme toll on lives and property. Add to that, Mississippi is already poor. Then there are the demographics. That is probably why I chose to post raw footage rather than what came from media outlets. For now, it's going to take prayers and money to heal this disaster. At this point the devastation is only hours old. I'm sure the final assessment will be worse. Bad times often bring out the best in people. I take comfort in that.

Pissing down.

In Britain, we mostly put milk in out tea. For builders, that's tea with milk, often two spoonfuls of sugar, and leave the tea bag in the cup until the concoction has reached a rich red-brown colour.

I only explain this because the burn I walk beside on the way down to the river was in spate and the colour of builders' tea this morning. Carrying away some of the red volcanic soil from the Eildon Hills down to the River Tweed. Which of course is also well up from yesterday.

Might not go out on two wheels today.
I fish on the rivers Usk & Wye for Salmon & Trout.
It often colours up sh*ty brown with cow / pig sh*t run off during heavy rain.
Combined with fertiliser and pesticides on arable crops, run off causes destructive algal blooms during summer months. Fish stocks suffer each t
year, but the river authorities do FA.

Just read the post after Raymond‘s ‘Pissing down‘ one; makes my complaint somewhat small.
Ads.

Yes. A monster like this takes an extreme toll on lives and property. Add to that, Mississippi is already poor. Then there are the demographics. That is probably why I chose to post raw footage rather than what came from media outlets. For now, it's going to take prayers and money to heal this disaster. At this point the devastation is only hours old. I'm sure the final assessment will be worse. Bad times often bring out the best in people. I take comfort in that.
Just got this from a team leader that was going to join the "Immediate response" crew.
"I got word last night from Samaritan's Purse that the volunteer response to the deadly tornadoes has been so great, there was no room for us to send a team."
SP is also sending temporary living quarters, (trailers) This is a newer facit of the SP disaster response effort.
There will be rebuild teams, support and materials organized later, after the "news cycle" has forgotten this event.

Things starting to happen. Sky lighting up like the 4th of July. Winds got the trees dancing like hooch gooch girls. Hard rain with ice mixed in.
Could get interesting.

1680310502809.jpeg

Bad weather skipped around me, hope you have the same luck.
Same here. Started about noon when the winds hit.... 60+ mph gusts, horizontal rain.. a little hail. Started over the top of us and as far as I could see to the south. Looked like we were gonna catch hell for a while there..
That's prolly the stuff you got Greg.

Just got this from a team leader that was going to join the "Immediate response" crew.
"I got word last night from Samaritan's Purse that the volunteer response to the deadly tornadoes has been so great, there was no room for us to send a team."
SP is also sending temporary living quarters, (trailers) This is a newer facit of the SP disaster response effort.
There will be rebuild teams, support and materials organized later, after the "news cycle" has forgotten this event.
Time for me to make another donation to Samaritans Purse. God bless all of those helping out.

Weather here same all week - damp and cold, but not cold enough for frost. Occasionally Sun comes out in the afternoon.

But my thoughts are with you guys in Tornado Alley.

Listening to the live reports from our American brethren; my weather is not worth a shout!
Good luck to all you guys. Some reports here of fatalities in Tornado ally. 😟

Back