Whats your weather right now?

KIMG3401.JPG
April fool's. :unsure:

The weather here sucks
First rain then ice pellets ( scrapul ?)
Then snow
This is the worst snow event this season
About 3/4 of the way through I ran out of gas
But on the bright side it's sunny out and it's melting

Yesterday, beautiful afternoon, really warm, Sun in the sky, not a cloud in sight. Took Miss November for a short trip, sixteen miles or so - running very nicely. Back at the house, still a lovely afternoon so I pulled the Bullet out from the garage, fired her up and headed out for a similar ride.

AAAARRRGGH! Bloody salt, liberally spread, heaps of it all the way up the village main street. The trucks have been out since I got home less than half-an-hour earlier. So I tried a back road up to the next village and found they had been that way too. Ended up cutting the trip short and headed home because I don't want to subject the poor bike to a coating in corrosive dust.

Yes, last night was a clear night and temps fell. Yes, there was frost on the grass this morning. But absolutely no ice. Even puddles out in open places were ice free. Our street, not on the gritters' route, is clean and dry. Definitely not slippery.

This is 3rd April, it's going to be another warm and dry day. This is expected to be a week of good weather and I would contend that there was no need whatsoever to salt the roads. Does this mean the roads are unusable unless I am prepared to sacrifice the bike to rust? Is the riding season this year going to be late July to early August?

I am in despair.

Going south to Rochester today and the weather is

Day​

4/4
43°Hi
RealFeel® 34°
RealFeel Shade™ 32°
Breezy with periods of rain, some heavy, and a thunderstorm; thunderstorms can bring flooding and hail

Night​

4/4
33°Lo
RealFeel® 27°
A few t-storms, some severe early; breezy early; there is a significant risk for damaging wind gusts, tornadoes and large hail
I guessed I picked a bad day to go south

Beautiful day. Started the mower 1st time this year. Cut the moss, ground elder, ramsons, wild garlic - possible some grass suffered collateral damage.

Wanted to get it done before the rain they promised. Hasn't arrived yet, might need to do a wee dance. (Wash the roads.)

Severe storm came thru today. Not a tornado but it had some strong winds. Neighbors metal shed didn't fare to well.
I have some damage on my roof.
View attachment 239765 View attachment 239766
Update: Roof repaired. I called the guy that built my shop. Luckily he was working in the area. He came by to look at it. Since it wasn't a lot of damage and I had some shingles left over from when the roof was put on he said he would do it now.
Now it looks like this. He's coming back tomorrow to put some tar under some of the new singles. More storms in the area. They can skip me if they want.
Some of you will get a kick out of this. When I asked him what I owed him he said $25.:yikes:
I gave him $40 and said keep the change.
1680649987050.png

Update: Roof repaired. I called the guy that built my shop. Luckily he was working in the area. He came by to look at it. Since it wasn't a lot of damage and I had some shingles left over from when the roof was put on he said he would do it now.
Now it looks like this. He's coming back tomorrow to put some tar under some of the new singles. More storms in the area. They can skip me if they want.
Some of you will get a kick out of this. When I asked him what I owed him he said $25.:yikes:
I gave him $40 and said keep the change.
View attachment 239771
Well I’d say you were due some good luck, considering a tree crashed on to your roof not that long ago! 😉

Here in Topeka today High 89, low tonight 35. I had shingles replaced this morning on rental houses so they would look nice for tonight`s severe storm`s.:shootme:
With a high of 89 if they got them on early enough they may have sealed. :thumbsup:
Better yet the storm misses you.

Back