Whats your weather right now?

Kiwi, Cardiff and Vancouver have similar latitudes as indicated by Sunset and Sunrise times: Cardiff 51.48° and Vancouver 49.29°. But Cardiff has the Gulf Stream, hence our Caribbean climate and abundance of palm trees. Oh, just looked outside and its raining. How very unusual!
upload_2020-12-21_21-42-50.jpeg

Forget the present, Christmas Day will be fine with a blue skies and a -3 Celsius Frost. Up North in Raymond's Country the frost may be a bit more harsh but still blue skies. I think I will fire up the Virago and take a quiet little cruise - If Covid-19 restrictions permit!

Calling for a white Christmas for the first time in many years, but there is this phenomenon here I have no explanation for which is as temperature drops precipitation stops, as if the temperature turns the valve on and off. It is starting to do that now -- the temperature is dropping from 50 and going through 40 right now and the all day rain has practically stopped.

This morning it was 0 Celsius and the grass needed to be cut. No matter how I tried the mower would not start so I wheeled it into the garage and set the electric fan heater blowing on the cylinder head for approximately 10 minutes. Then pulled the started cord and it fired up immediately, blew out a cloud of black smoke and then idled as per normal.

Tomorrow morning, Christmas Day, the temperature is supposed to dip to -4 Celsius so it will be a white Christmas - white with frost.

Merry Christmas everyone out there with a set of spanners... :hump::bed::popcorn::bike::cheers::smoke::bike::heart:.

20201225_083024.jpg
Got a White Christmas!
Snowy and -6C in Kent County. An hour after dawn and it's heavily overcast, snow seemed to have quit, but not soon enough for me. It will take an hour or so for me to clear the drive and path enough for my MIL and her walker to make it in safely.
Merry Christmas to all.

Cold, snowy and blowy here in Windsor-Essex County (just west of Lakeview’s place in Kent County). Our daughter tells us that Kingston and Ottawa are getting significant rainfall today - which is odd. Usually they are snowy and we are just grey mush.
Our front and backyards....that diving board looks rather out of place there beside the snowy pool.

A253939A-D55E-480A-9DFE-EC6960FA5228.jpeg

A4B80A37-D07D-48EE-97A1-69FF2AFABDA7.jpeg

F9FB1E6D-B03B-4663-9855-93928B582172.jpeg

Back