Whats your weather right now?

It’s 46 degrees and sunrise here in the land of cactus, and the sky is on fire. There’s a change in the wind.
BA630A31-78F1-4184-952B-AFA3B18F6B6C.jpeg

Red sky at morning sailor take warning.
9CF83C05-30E9-4157-BB5E-410A9E261882.jpeg

Seriously, why don’t they freeze to death?

Cuz Allison supplies lots of feed. There's a reason they call em hay burners. She's been knocking snowballs out of the bottoms of their hooves every day.
They are starting to shed their winter hair. :yikes:
It's a length of daylight thing.

Here in North Mississippi the trees are covered with ice. Starting tomorrow, we have four days of snow in the forecast. Temperatures will remain well below freezing until Friday. I’m wondering about what are the chances of the power staying on. I may be here freezing and burning vacation. I sure do miss my fireplace!

Snowing and about -2c here in Vancouver BC. First real snow fall of the season. So far been a good winter for us, and now that I mention that, it will be ugly for the next few weeks. About 10c in my garage, jacket and gloves, and I'm ok to waste away an hour or two on the bikes. All good.

While it is nowhere nearly as cold as many of you of posting, I am still not able to ride today due to the hard water lingering around.
20210214.jpg

Growing up in the Texas panhandle, Virginia winters ain't got crap on the high plains. Some of you south and mid Texans may not deal well with the cold spell hitting you right now, but the winters of my youth in Gray county, out on the range with the critters, are still fresh with me and were quite harsh. Using an axe to open the water tanks and ponds is an interesting task...

20210214_082726.jpg
Hoar Frost on the Trees
Even at -13 C, the sun will make quick work of that.
20210214_082646.jpg
Hard to See the Sparkles.
Frost covered shrubs/ditch scrub back lit. Bright sun means it is a great day. A good day to refresh some calipers.

Received a notice that power has been restored in my area. Yay!

Check out of the motel, and come home to a winter wonderland.
20210212_IceStorm.jpg

There's broken-down trees and branches everywhere. Boo, hiss.

Been sawing and clearing just to get around. Strung another 130 feet of wiring to power more heaters

The worst is yet to come, and a lotta folks still without power. I'm in the middle of all them bubbles...

Screenshot_20210214-075457_SmartHub.jpg

Just kinda a random thought here. Two out of the last three nights me and many of my neighbors have long power outages due to frozen trees breaking and taking out the lines. I don't know if there are any linemen here but they are my heros. It's freaking cold here on the ground and don't want to contemplate 40 feet in the air in a bucket . As I type another branch just crashed to ground out window.
Everybody stay warm.

Back