Whats your weather right now?

Can you believe it; bloody sunny all day in Cardiff today.
Still cant ride as I'm in the shop on my own!

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1893.jpeg

Last edited:
If ya build a Desert Sled, you could awaken the neighbors as you head for the sand.....BRAAAP!, BRAAAAP!......View attachment 231145
:whistle:Already has the luggage rack:
https://www.xs650.com/threads/1980-xs650-rolling-chassis-600.63207/
:cool:
Ya' know what? I'm not sure that 'rasslin a 400lb++ bike off road would be nearly as much fun as our romantic minds think it would be. Especially with so many large CC street legal purpose built bikes that there are on the market, new and used. I don't know, I've never tried it. Has anyone else out there done it?

Ya' know what? I'm not sure that 'rasslin a 400lb++ bike off road would be nearly as much fun as our romantic minds think it would be. Especially with so many large CC street legal purpose built bikes that there are on the market, new and used. I don't know, I've never tried it. Has anyone else out there done it?
I rode a Honda CRF250 not too long ago. It’s pretty good. Fits, weighs little, goes highway fast. Not saying an XS650 version wouldn’t be fun, but…. what you said.

were at a blazingly high of 34 and then we go back into cold and wind chill advisory's
Time to get my running around done before the wind's pickup

I bought a 2011 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom for commuting to work and weekend touring, back when I was working.
20C0DA79-CDDB-4568-BCA8-4F39B2ED02EB.jpeg
These are marketed as adventure bikes, and there are lots of guys that fit these bikes up with knobby tires, bash plates and hard aluminum panniers and ride the to Alaska. So I thought I’d try taking it off-road one weekend. Instead of exploring some easy dirt roads, I decided I would take this 470 lb bike with street tires, on a very demanding Jeep trail back to a mountainous dam. It was deep sand washes, and steep rocky trails…….and I just about beat myself to death, it was a minor miracle I didn’t crash, and I swore to myself….never again! 😄

I bought a 2011 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom for commuting to work and weekend touring, back when I was working.
View attachment 231149
These are marketed as adventure bikes, and there are lots of guys that fit these bikes up with knobby tires, bash plates and hard aluminum panniers and ride the to Alaska. So I thought I’d try taking it off-road one weekend. Instead of exploring some easy dirt roads, I decided I would take this 470 lb bike with street tires, on a very demanding Jeep trail back to a mountainous dam. It was deep sand washes, and steep rocky trails…….and I just about beat myself to death, it was a minor miracle I didn’t crash, and I swore to myself….never again! 😄
So your sayin' there's a chance?

When I went by the bank today it said 70. The evening news/weather said 69 for the high. Wind gusts of 55mph. Whatever, tomorrow`s high 38. Sundays high 49. Perfect for the next Chief`s WIN.:yikes:

Attachments

• 146546EA-7418-40C4-9638-0C5B9591C8F1.jpeg
    146546EA-7418-40C4-9638-0C5B9591C8F1.jpeg
    693.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 6C145909-AEB1-4766-9A80-96824FCBF418.jpeg
    6C145909-AEB1-4766-9A80-96824FCBF418.jpeg
    753.2 KB · Views: 49
Back