Where does the brown/ white wire go?

kjodell10

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out on a ride ('78 XS650E; no canceller) recently when the turn signals died. I took the switch apart and it appears that the solder connection on the end of the brown/ white wire failed. The solder on the end of the wire bears the impression of one of the rivets on different pieces of the switch: the swiper pan, or possibly the one on a small black block between two black leads. I've tried to figure this out from the wiring diagram, but haven't penetrated it yet. Any hints?

Last edited:
I was out on a ride ('78 XS650E; no canceller) recently when the turn signals died. I took the switch apart and it appears that the solder connection on the end of the brown/ white wire failed. The solder on the end of the wire bears the impression of one of the rivets on different pieces of the switch: the swiper pan, or possibly the one on a small black block between two black leads. I've tried to figure this out from the wiring diagram, but haven't penetrated it yet. Any hints?
I figured it out! The brown/ white does go in between the two black ones! But soldering could maybe melt the plastic carrier? Any tips on avoiding that would be really appreciated.

Back