which handle bars do I have

Here they are on my Standard .....

View attachment 219939

..... and on my Special .....

View attachment 219940

View attachment 219942

The way the ends droop down slightly turn your wrists at a very natural and comfortable angle. Many years ago, I tried the Superbike bars like Mailman had but because of the way they stick straight out on the ends, they were uncomfortable after some time in the saddle. I discovered the Euro bar bend when fitting lower bars to my old BMWs, and they were a revelation. Most comfortable bar bend on the planet in my opinion.
Are you sitting in a fairly upright position

Heres a few pics of a 75 a guy bought from the original owner so you would think the bars would be stock but .....
Its on FB now

Attachments

• 75 bars 1.jpg
    75 bars 1.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 75 bars 2.jpg
    75 bars 2.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 75  bars 3.jpg
    75 bars 3.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 75 bars 4.jpg
    75 bars 4.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 82
Yes, I'd say I sit fairly upright, certainly not crouched way over, maybe leaned forward just a little. But this is actually easier on and better for your back. Sitting bolt upright, any bumps and large jolts get transmitted straight up through your spine. Leaning forward slightly lets your hips deal with the bumps and jolts.

Point of order here. Your base must be 5" wide. A number of bars come with a 4.5" base and do not fit the XS upper triple tree. Ask how I know this.:)
Glad I saw this. I was going to order a set that had a 4.5” base. I measured the clamp on the bike and it is 4.5” so I thought it would bd ok. I’ll have to do a bit more investigating.

The bars on your 75 look stock. They ran the wiring harness internally and had solid plugs in the bar ends. Something to consider is a set of cb750 bars. I happen to have a set that I already ran wiring internally if interested. They are a little taller and a little pullback. Here a few pics when I had them installed. I just decided on something a tad lower though.
View attachment 219817View attachment 219818
Yeah the wires do run internally

I've still got those CB bars with controls internally wired if you are interested.

Attachments

• new bars for the 77.jpg
    new bars for the 77.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 46
I hope those work for ya Mikey. If not, I'm sure DK sent a return label with them, just send 'em back, no pre-authorization required (they credit method of payment eventually)

I hope those work for ya Mikey. If not, I'm sure DK sent a return label with them, just send 'em back, no pre-authorization required (they credit method of payment eventually)

They have the right rise and shape the ends bòw out a little more but they might be better
Too
Won't know till I strap them on

Here's the bars I ordered for the 77 courtesy of JP
https://www.denniskirk.com/emgo/chr...ica-handlebar-23-93146.p599797.prd/599797.sku
There close to what I have on my 75 they angle out just a bit more but it's like buying a pair of boots you just have to try them on
Edit : Next time I'll take the plastic off before I take the picture

For a minute there I thought you bought the exact same handlebars I had fitted when I did The Ergonomic Experiment, they were also Emgo replica Goldwing bars, but I checked the part numbers and the measurements were different. Probably different year Goldwings. The ones I had on were higher.

https://www.xs650.com/threads/the-ergonomic-experiment.56712/page-11#post-635672
B848657C-8801-439A-92B2-4682F106FF20.jpegB2A23CFF-48A5-4438-BB35-C99A25BC47A0.jpeg

Yeah these just need to go on the bike and get a couple miles on them
It's a judgment call
Kinda like these are the best boots I've ever had and then you go back to your old pair cause they just aren't comfortable
Just like when I bought my last helmet I had to try on all 3 sizes to figure which fit best
My wife thought why is he wearing these and walking around for half an hour
I should have mowed the lawn with them on
Keep the neighbors wondering

Back