Southern Iowa here.About 35 miles N of MO.I haven't seen any XS 650's on the road here lately.One many years ago.I have two now.One mostly finished and one newly aquired.

I did mine. Although it was my first. It takes time to get it round then you worry about side to side. I think it turned out well. I dont have a dial indicator, but I used zip ties to gauge the distance. I just tore down the front to paint and relace it. I suggest getting a balancing/truing stand and give it a go for yourself.

Exploding - you're back!!!

Great to hear from you again!

Pete
Yeah I never lose my love for xs, I’ve been busy as can be lol, i picked up a few bikes in the meantime as well, another 75’ xs, a 74’ triumph trident that’s being delivered next week, and an oddball 2006 1200 sporty that I’m currently painting and will flip. My shop has expanded greatly(showroom and hanger bay) so that’s been keeping me working and sleeping with my much free time. Hope all is well on your end

Doing OK - am in line for a new knee soon, but still vertical.

Lucille is running really well but her "incontinence" has returned and so its "carb" time again at the Disaster Central Workshop.

Doing OK - am in line for a new knee soon, but still vertical.

Lucille is running really well but her "incontinence" has returned and so its "carb" time again at the Disaster Central Workshop.
Sorry to hear about the knee, hope you have a quick recovery.
I just rebuilt my BS38 a few weeks ago, still have to get it tuned a little smoother, but functional for the time being. I haven’t put enough miles on it yet to really feel her out as I’ve been mainly riding the sportster up until a few days ago when i started prepping it for paint.

Overland Park, KS (Kansas City Metro) here.
20171124_150240.jpg

Last edited:
I bought it almost 8 years ago from the original owner. He had purchased an airplane and his wife enforced the maximum number or toys limit and forced him to sell it.

Back