1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Will the newer stuff fit????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by musicman, Aug 5, 2011.

1. musicman

musicman XS650 Member

Hi,
    My XS2 front caliper was a mess. I have rebuilt it, but now it leaks fluid when it is bled. It was in really poor shape...rusty etc. I saw the listing on Mikes's XS site about the calipers for '74 up 650's but can't find out if they are the same. From the looks, they are. If they are different, can I change the brake lines etc? I was wondering if I could get a caliper and a master cylinder and hoses and retro fit these on my 72. Does anyone have insight into this??? Kind of hard to stop with the rear brake only. :)

2. drog

drog XS650 Addict

I believe that #08-6008 fits 72-76 models,not just 74-76.Seems the "new guys" at Mike's may have made a listing error.

3. 5twins

5twins XS650 Guru Top Contributor

4. if you still have doubts michael morse at 650 central would be the man to talk to and order from.

5. XSLeo

XSLeo XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Yes, Mike's new two caliper piston will fit your XS2. If you want to try a caliper from the 77 and up years, the one piston calipers, you will need to build adapters to fit and space them to work on your XS2. The center to center distance is different from the early to late as well as a 20mm offset change on the rotors.
    Leo

6. musicman

musicman XS650 Member

Hey thanks for the help. I ordered a new caliper from Mikes, as well as a master cylinder. Gotta get those front brakes working!