Winter Works

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Gentlemen, i will be breaking the bike down to carry out engine upgrade (Big Bore kit) as soon as the weather turns shite (Oct-Nov), i have seen a look I like on Oene Kingma's bike see attached photo
Osene Kingma street XS650.jpg

Obviously my rear end has been chopped, and a previous owner didn't have the foresight too retain the rear removed section JIC a future owner required to alter the bike part way to standard, I know you can get a new rear subframe section on eBay for around 20 quid. Has anyone carried out the works what I am hoping to achieve.

tango 1.jpg

I will be taking the engine out to add a big bore kit,

Last edited:
Can't exactly tell from pic, I'm guessing the rear loop has been cut off just behind the shock gusset. Find the appropriate stock donor loop, fashion "slugs" (solid rod) to fit inside both tubes, extending perhaps 1.5" in each. Line her up and MIG weld the seam.

Can't exactly tell from pic, I'm guessing the rear loop has been cut off just behind the shock gusset. Find the appropriate stock donor loop, fashion "slugs" (solid rod) to fit inside both tubes, extending perhaps 1.5" in each. Line her up and MIG weld the seam.
Cheers JP, i have seen the replacement loops on eBay, cheap at 20 quid. There is the option of a used complete standard frame and swap the steering neck out to the new used frame with the VIN/Chassis number on

Back