YamadudeXS650C

Central New York XS650
Top Contributor
Reaction score
image27.jpg

Wintercycle Therapy 2018
February 24 - 25, 2018
Time: 10am - 4pm
See nearly 100 vintage motorcycles on display at the Curtiss Museum during WINTERCYCLE THERAPY!

Racing bikes are this year's focus.

Admission is just $12 for adults and $8 for kids aged 7-18. This price includes FULL ACCESS to the Curtiss Museum's exhibits, and our amazing collection of vintage airplanes, classic cars, and vintage motorcycles.

imageone42_sm.jpg
imageone4_sm.jpg
imageone1_sm.jpg

8419 State Route 54
Hammondsport, NY 14840

An enormous crowd showed up today for the vintage bike show, packing the museum. They had to shuttle us in on buses from local school parking lots.
The focus this year was racing bikes.
I've never seen so many older men all in one place.

Curtiss 001.JPG

There were 3 XS650's there. Note the shifter and brake both on the right side.

Curtiss 004.JPG

The XS below owned by a guy who noticed my XS650.com Tee shirt, and struck up a conversation.
Turns out he lives in a nearby town, and his brother lives up the street from me; their family refers to me as "that crazy guy who owns all those Yamahas".
Now, how could anyone think I'm even slightly crazy?

Curtiss 006.JPG

The airplanes made for a great backdrop for the bikes.

Curtiss 013.JPG

Curtiss 014.JPG

This Jawa speedway bike was one of my favorites.

Curtiss 016.JPG

Bump.

Wintercycle Therapy happening this weekend in Hammondsport, NY.
As you can see above, last year there were a couple of XS650 race bikes that showed up.

Will be missing it this weekend:(

Instead will be spending time this weekend with our adopted boy Chad!

Chad002.JPG

At this event in Geneva NY

winterhounds.png

Besides socializing with the dogs and their owners there is touring the wineries, distilleries and brew pubs in the area.

So while Yamadude and others are looking over the racing XS650's I'll be spending time with a bunch of retired racers, of the four legged type.

Yamadude, let me know if they have the display of the barn-find bikes like last year. Last year the guy who puts on the event used the old 1966 Triumph 500 I sold him as one of the display models. I'm drawing a blank on his name right now.

EDIT:

If anyone ever says "dumb dog" to me I'll have to ask them how dumb can this guy be retired to a cushy bed with free meals at 2 1/2 years of age! I had to work repairing heavy equipment for 45 years and I still have to get out and snowblow the driveway and a path to his toilet in the back yard.

Last edited:
Will be missing it this weekend:(

Instead will be spending time this weekend with our adopted boy Chad!

View attachment 135298

At this event in Geneva NY

View attachment 135296

Besides socializing with the dogs and their owners there is touring the wineries, distilleries and brew pubs in the area.

So while Yamadude and others are looking over the racing XS650's I'll be spending time with a bunch of retired racers, of the four legged type.

Yamadude, let me know if they have the display of the barn-find bikes like last year. Last year the guy who puts on the event used the old 1966 Triumph 500 I sold him as one of the display models. I'm drawing a blank on his name right now.
Ken,

I imagine that Bob Harris of Odd Ball, Old Dog Cycles would surely appreciate your alternative activity this weekend.

We'll see what he has in store for us. No particular focus this year has been announced.

An enormous crowd showed up today for the vintage bike show, packing the museum. They had to shuttle us in on buses from local school parking lots.
The focus this year was racing bikes.
I've never seen so many older men all in one place.

View attachment 114074

There were 3 XS650's there. Note the shifter and brake both on the right side.

View attachment 114075

The XS below owned by a guy who noticed my XS650.com Tee shirt, and struck up a conversation.
Turns out he lives in a nearby town, and his brother lives up the street from me; their family refers to me as "that crazy guy who owns all those Yamahas".
Now, how could anyone think I'm even slightly crazy?

View attachment 114076

The airplanes made for a great backdrop for the bikes.

View attachment 114077

View attachment 114078

This Jawa speedway bike was one of my favorites.

View attachment 114079
love the flat tracker with shifter and back brake on the right side - makes sense if your is go left and fast. Cheers

Back