Wiring for a 77 650d

Tully

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am working on a 1977 Xs650d. I have purchased the mikes PMA and the electronic advance. I was wondering if anyone had a diagram that shows those parts and with the system still using Headlights tail lights and blinkers. I have my factory harness and it is in good shape. It would be great if I knew what all electronics I could eliminate.

Fun stuff.
You may be getting into a one off hybridization that even you won't be able to duplicate.....lol.
I converted my '77 to TCI utilizing the stock harness and would do it again but there was no road map to follow, aside from combining the stock schematics for '77 and '80 to maintain the '77's lighting features and the '80's ignition I was on my own.
Fun stuff.

Wiring for the Pamco is pretty straight forward. Tap power for the Pamco from the red/white wire that powers the stock coils. The important thing is that both the pamco and the PMA are well grounded. I would suggest using the ground that the negative cable from the battery uses.

As far as "simplifying" the wiring about the only stock components that are redundant with the PMA would be the regulator and the rectifier.

Last edited:
Fun stuff.
You may be getting into a one off hybridization that even you won't be able to duplicate.....lol.
I converted my '77 to TCI utilizing the stock harness and would do it again but there was no road map to follow, aside from combining the stock schematics for '77 and '80 to maintain the '77's lighting features and the '80's ignition I was on my own.
Fun

Can you tell me what this is?

Attachments

• 20220606_135859.jpg
    20220606_135859.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 83
If the kit has a reg/rec with it, no... you won't need it.

If the kit has a reg/rec with it, no... you won't need it.
This is everything that came in the kit that I purchased.
  • 1 x XS Charge Permanent Magnet Alternator kit with Regulator/Rectifier and mount
  • 1 x XSCharge Gen-II Electronic Ignition with E-Advancer
  • 1 x 2.2 ohm dual output coil
  • 2 x XS Performance Black Silicone Copper Core Plug Wire (each 20" long)
  • 2 x NGK 90 Degree Spark Plug Caps with 5k resistor
  • 1 x Drive Pin for Auto Advance
  • 3 x Inner Camshaft Bushing
  • 2 x 6x12mm Zinc Panhead Bolts
  • 2 x 6mm Zinc Flat Washer
  • 1 x Cam/Breaker Cover Rubber Grommet Set (2)

Back