Wiring help for newbie

ziz61

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am putting my xs650c back together and want to double check my wiring.
I have been following wiring diagrams for the headlight bucket wiring which gets a little confusing
I have a blue/red wire with no male blue/red to fit so anybody know what goes there, I was thinking maybe ground?
I want to know if my grounds/black wires are connected ot the right terminals
I also have an extra red/yellow wire from the right handle switch which i just connected to the other red/yellow
Also the brake switch on the front brake if its correct and the tail end
I have added some photos and a crappy paint edit of what my wiring looks like in the headligh bucket
Any feedback or guidence will be appreciated

Attachments

• red yellow.jpg
    red yellow.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 107
  • tail end.jpg
    tail end.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 102
  • wiring1.jpg
    wiring1.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 100
  • brake stop.jpg
    brake stop.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 104
  • wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 102
  • my wiring.jpg
    my wiring.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 107
This is a loom from the 76 Gauge cluster. US gauges.

b 76C Gauge Cluster Wires copy.jpg
a IMG_7250 copy 1.jpg

Indicater/flasher circuit

I have wired the indicators as if your sitting on the bike.

This is the opposite to how it looks on the diagram as i am looking from the front and not from behind

76C Assembly manual - parts  Manualt19 19 copyright.jpg

This diagram should be correct........US model.

Australian model will basically be the same except the Aussie model has a Pass/Flash button at the bottom on the left bar switch and may have an extra wire from the ignition switch to operate a park light in the headlight bucket

d 75_76_XS650 B&C Wiring and Key Updated 3a.jpg

US models don't have this
I
P1000552 copyrightText.jpg

Last edited:
I think that's what that L/R wire coming out of your right control may be for, the parking light. If your sealed beam has been replaced (and there's a good chance it has been after all these years), the replacement might not have a parking light in it.

Was looking for this yesterday and couldn't find it so made up the one above. Coloured that in yesterday and wasn't thinking about the black wire going from the indicator to the coupling when the Dg and Ch wires run off that coupling

Here is a more accurate headlight bucket diagram showing the indicators with the black wire from them to the Dg and Ch wires in the harness............Although this is from the 74TXA the indicator circuit is the same as the 76C as is most of the wiring

74 TXA Assembly manual - parts  Manualt17 17 copy 1.jpg

Back