Wiring new regulator/rectifier unit

dougmuise

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Heiden Tuning regulator/recitifier arrived & I'm attempting to install it. It's supposed to be plug & play into stock wiring harness. Heiden rectifier plug matched stock rectifier plug exactly. Same number of wires in same position into the harness plug. The Heiden regulator plug has two wires into the plug (green, brown) but my stock regulator has 3 wires into the plug (black, yellow, red). There's also an additional red/white wire outside the plug. I'm scratching my head. I connnected it up anyway and powered on the bike but blew a fuse immediately. Any ideas? Attaching photo. My XS2 regulator just had the brown and green wires but my 75 has a lot more wires.

Attachments

• IMG_9185.JPG
    IMG_9185.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 147
I'm not an expert on 75's but I believe that's your starter safety relay, not your regulator.

Yes, that's the starter safety relay. Your new combined unit shares the ground wire between both components. That's why the new regulator plug is missing it's black wire. It doesn't need it as the regulator is getting it's ground from the black wire in the rectifier plug.

Back