WTB or info for Bottom engine mount bolt for 1977

legendary yamaha

IG:ne_caferacer_club
Reaction score
Hello all,
Recently e nut fell from the bike and while inspecting to find where it fell from, I found that the bottom mount bold was broken. I need to replace but couldn't find any information about the size, and don't want to buy something from ebay that doesn't fit.

If you have any and want to sell it, you can contact me, or if you have any info where can I get one would appreciate that.

Edit: Since I'm here, does anyone how much torque should I tighten all the engine mounts bolts?

TIA

Last edited:
If you mean the really long bolt that goes under the center of the engine then no, that one isn't available anymore. You're in luck as I recently put together this labelled drawing on the engine bolts .....

kCKlAAs.jpg

A 10mm bolt is very close in size to an American 3/8", so you could probably use one of those. And here's a torque listing for the mounts. The values changed over the years, don't know why. Personally, I prefer (and use) the '77D values .....

oM64GW9.jpg

If you mean the really long bolt that goes under the center of the engine then no, that one isn't available anymore. You're in luck as I recently put together this labelled drawing on the engine bolts .....

kCKlAAs.jpg

A 10mm bolt is very close in size to an American 3/8", so you could probably use one of those. And here's a torque listing for the mounts. The values changed over the years, don't know why. Personally, I prefer (and use) the '77D values .....

oM64GW9.jpg
I need nr 19, on the first pic, that goes to nr 5 on position mount

That drawing is screwed up, the numbers in the drawing don't match the numbers in the description. What you need is #19, the dome head bolt, and it's not available anymore. What you've ordered is the lower rear, #20 in my drawing above. It will be too short.

That drawing is screwed up, the numbers in the drawing don't match the numbers in the description. What you need is #19, the dome head bolt, and it's not available anymore. What you've ordered is the lower rear, #20 in my drawing above. It will be too short.
Thanks, I did order nr#19 on the drawing but not directly from their page, used ebay I think the seller is arches cycles, still available on ebay shipping in 2 days.

I just made all mine. I can't remeber if I used 5/16 or 3/8 round stock and a die. Lock washers and acorn nuts. I also used loctite thread sealant and a paint mark to validate no movement.

Back