WTF pictures

It may be a fat cat,
1718286527799.png

But correlation isn't causation.

I was riding in the Adirondacks and I hit a damn trench in the road. Saw the sign that said bump so of course I slowed down for it. It wasn't a bump it was trench cut in the pavement that went across the entire road and it was a foot wide and a foot deep and they hadn't bothered to put any gravel in it !!!!

I was riding in the Adirondacks and I hit a damn trench in the road. Saw the sign that said bump so of course I slowed down for it. It wasn't a bump it was trench cut in the pavement that went across the entire road and it was a foot wide and a foot deep and they hadn't bothered to put any gravel in it !!!!
Ouch!
That's gonna kill somebody. Imagine a scooter with 12" diameter wheels.

Got to go to the UPS store and get the right size box so I can send it to Arizona and get it repaired. Now I wonder how many people have hit it and hope no motorcycles ended up in trouble. It's a very popular road for bikes.
Did you call the county highway dept. about it?
They put up a sign so know about it, there's liability there.

Did you call the county highway dept. about it?
They put up a sign so know about it, there's liability there.
Yup. At minimum, they should be footing the entire repair bill.... at minimum.

...AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT BEFORE THEY KILL SOMEONE!!!

Reminded me of the time the old "ride to work sidecar outfit" was acting a little "funny" going through the curves on my way home one day. Was looking it over when I got home and just happend to notice four or more broken spokes on the rear wheel! This was one of those, I believe, 18 inch drum brake aluminum rims I used so I could get cheep knobbies for the rear for winter use.

Lucky I had the 16 inch cast rear rim I used in the summer so it was a easy fix till I got a set or new spokes.

Guy hits a deer at 79 mph and walks away without a scratch! He was doing 94 mph just moments before this impact.
View attachment 327976View attachment 327977View attachment 327978View attachment 327979
Guy hits a deer at 79 mph and walks away without a scratch! He was doing 94 mph just moments before this impact.
View attachment 327976View attachment 327977View attachment 327978View attachment 327979
I'd say the rider was the kamikaze. The deer was just trying to cross the road.

I'd say the rider was the kamikaze. The deer was just trying to cross the road.
Watched and replayed that video several times. POV is limited but it LOOKS like he and the bike survived the deer hit then AFTERWARDS he gave up on riding the bike and crashed..

Back