WTF pictures

cum mystery.jpg

Remembering von Braun's once they go up who cares where they come down (Tom Lehrer) actually interesting archive film. https://archive.org/details/MSFC-9248167
U.S. Army Redstone Rocket : NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
Yes, the birdie is not yet fueled, as otherwise...well ;) iirc the redstone was designed and built in a big hurry.
For myself, I think it inadvisable to walk under the load... like totally phucking stupid. I have seen big things dropped.
1720732394863.png

One of my favourite vids. I tried counting pairs of legs to figure out approx how many men were carrying this building. Rough guess would be more than 750? Crazy - I don’t know that many people and of the ones I do know, maybe half a dozen would volunteer to help move a large object ( but not a shed).
This is so impressive. Think of the coordination. I think inside they are walking in the dark. I also noticed the back row - some are walking backwards! And when then they turn a corner, the inside rows need to change speed - all different, left to right and front to back.

One of my favourite vids. I tried counting pairs of legs to figure out approx how many men were carrying this building. Rough guess would be more than 750? Crazy - I don’t know that many people and of the ones I do know, maybe half a dozen would volunteer to help move a large object ( but not a shed).
This is so impressive. Think of the coordination. I think inside they are walking in the dark. I also noticed the back row - some are walking backwards! And when then they turn a corner, the inside rows need to change speed - all different, left to right and front to back.

Teamwork makes the dream work.

Back