WTF pictures

Just catching up on this. Should I be able to see a noticeable glow in the sky? Maybe I’ll stay up late to look. Should be brighter up here since I’m much further north. Lol. Perhaps I’ll drive up north a bit to get away from the city lights.
Generally you will see a glow in the Northern hemisphere, early to late evening in the UK. There may be a purple to red tint to the sky, with the naked eye, when viewed from the southern UK territories. You need to photo the sky area on a long exposure, at least 2-3 seconds to reveal the true aurora. Even with a mobile phone, on a tripod. Longer the better. Naked eye is not so effective.

Last edited:
Near me at 2AM last night.
1682382070930.png

No matter how comfy I couldn't relax on a bike with no front brake.
Took Allison to lunch on madness yesterday. Wide open area, only traffic, us and a car.
We were taking a left, no stop sign.
Guy coming from left came to a stop. Then pulled right out at us. I hadda use the brakes hard and straightened my line. He FINALLY saw us and stopped. I had been watching him and was slowed in time that he wouldn't have run us over. If I hadn't been paying attention to him we would have hit. Went very slowly around him and gave the stink eye. He was pretty embarrassed, We would have been maimed or dead.
1682765483054.jpeg

The extra margin of dual disks and a fresh front tire riding two up, might have made the difference yesterday.

1682770256074.png

Last edited:
. . . pulled right out at us . . . might have made the difference yesterday . . .

What made the difference yesterday was your experience - anticipating that the tin box might pull out. That's just how we have to be as vulnerable road users, I guess?

Thank Heavens nobody was maimed or killed!

No matter how comfy I couldn't relax on a bike with no front brake.
Took Allison to lunch on madness yesterday. Wide open area, only traffic, us and a car.
We were taking a left, no stop sign.
Guy coming from left came to a stop. Then pulled right out at us. I hadda use the brakes hard and straightened my line. He FINALLY saw us and stopped. I had been watching him and was slowed in time that he wouldn't have run us over. If I hadn't been paying attention to him we would have hit. Went very slowly around him and gave the stink eye. He was pretty embarrassed, We would have been maimed or dead.
View attachment 241627
The extra margin of dual disks and a fresh front tire riding two up, might have made the difference yesterday.

View attachment 241628
So thankful you were paying attention.”Country Roads,Take me Home”,but not yet.❤️

Guy coming from left came to a stop. Then pulled right out at us. I hadda use the brakes hard

Unfortunately that is becoming the norm here. It’s getting harder and harder for me to find open country to ride in and dense city traffic is just horrible. Nobody looks, nobody waits, they don’t even slow down as they roll right turns at red lights, they blow right through stop signs like they’re not even there. 😬

I'm expecting to see more motorized bicycles on the roads this summer. Even in this wide open, low traffic, farming, hicktown area, I'm expecting to see many bicycle killings, just like the rash of scooter killings we saw in the last few years.

Last edited:
Last ride I had a couple of people pull out in front of me. I think they believe right of way is determined by the size of the vehicle. Good blast of the horn and the evil eye were delivered in both cases. Although it’s not visually pleasing on the XS, an air horn gets people‘s attention. I’ve used, and still use the Stebel Nautilus horn on my vehicles and past bikes with good success. Compact and loud AF.

Edit: never had one but the Denali sound bomb is popular too.

Last edited:
Last ride I had a couple of people pull out in front of me. I think they believe right of way is determined by the size of the vehicle. Good blast of the horn and the evil eye were delivered in both cases. Although it’s not visually pleasing on the XS, an air horn gets people‘s attention. I’ve used, and still use the Stebel Nautilus horn on my vehicles and past bikes with good success. Compact and loud AF.
I find the mismatched tones of a pair of BMW car horns excellent for putting the peasants in their place.

Back