WTF pictures

Low points in Canadian public art procurement:

"Voice of Fire", Barnett Newman, 1967, $1.8 million

1685756564002.png

"The Red Trench", Don Wright, 1985 ($ ????? cheap at twice the price). I remember this art purchase being fiercely defended at the time, before being relegated to some back corridor of a government building somewhere.... Inspired by a trench in the sand at seaside apparently. Get your mind out of the gutter...

1685756742153.png

"The Red Trench",

Last edited:
Where does one find such a saddle? Specialty bike shop or available on line?

Amazon,Prime!Quite a savings you know,especially if you order stuff a few times a week.Lol.👩‍❤️‍👨

One last comment on making a bicycle seat comfortable, when I was a mailman, I worked in an office that still rode bicycles. They were heavy bikes that we then threw about 40 lbs of mail on them and rode them around for 6 hours. We all had big saddles and here is the tip, we all had sheepskin seat covers on them. They really help reduce friction and let air circulate.
Photo is of my old buddy Dan, working out of the Sun City Az post office. 😉
IMG_5797.jpeg

Love the in-flight re-fuelling.
I was trying to figure out what they were doing filling the bucket on the fly. I think it was a tank to fill the radiator. The driver seemed to be filling the rad with the small hose. Thinking maybe it leaked do much that it required constant topping up.. lol

I was thinking maybe water pump broken so leave rad drain plug off and just run water through constantly. No floor in the cab would worry you till you get used to it.

Amazing contrast with our throw-it-away society - so much stuff is junked due to an easily fixed fault. Once worked with an old guy from India, when it was still under British rule so late 1940s. As a mechanic he used to re-manufacture spark plugs. And re-bore cylinders using the old piston, sawn in half, forced open with a wedged stick, coated in mud and punka'd up and down till the micrometer said enough. Human labour was cheap and parts were expensive . . .

Just an odd picture>
1685885158173.png

Evidently I'll be joining some sort of religious association soon, if the new law passes. https://archive.ph/ErgjR
I was thinking about a "religious necessity" of avoiding any barrier between Heaven and Head...a theological maze of whozonfirst...I mean why do old fellas go bald ? Does this not happen as we get closer to Heaven? Isn't that proof? Anyway, the cat has a great beard, eh? Best!

Now where's that Universal Life Church application form...

Just an odd picture> View attachment 244555
Evidently I'll be joining some sort of religious association soon, if the new law passes. https://archive.ph/ErgjR
I was thinking about a "religious necessity" of avoiding any barrier between Heaven and Head...a theological maze of whozonfirst...I mean why do old fellas go bald ? Does this not happen as we get closer to Heaven? Isn't that proof? Anyway, the cat has a great beard, eh? Best!

Now where's that Universal Life Church application form...
That's the way the beard blows. And since when does anybody have to wear a helmet in California?

Arizona used to have a helmet law, then abolished it some time in the late 70’s - early 80’s. The state legislature also recently passed a law allowing “lane filtering”. With all the hot heads and road rage morons we have here, that’ll go over like a fart in church. Most people aren’t even aware it’s been passed and to have a motorcycle sail by along line of cars and take position at the front of the line? I’m thinking there’s trouble brewing.

Arizona used to have a helmet law, then abolished it some time in the late 70’s - early 80’s. The state legislature also recently passed a law allowing “lane filtering”. With all the hot heads and road rage morons we have here, that’ll go over like a fart in church. Most people aren’t even aware it’s been passed and to have a motorcycle sail by along line of cars and take position at the front of the line? I’m thinking there’s trouble brewing.
Once American people all climb into their cages and get on the road, all semblance of polite society disappears.

Once American people all climb into their cages and get on the road, all semblance of polite society disappears.
Geeerrrrarrargh!! Gimmie a .38 anytime...aaarrrrahhh!

Around my region people are pretty nice, except on the inter-state highway. Somebody did shoot up a car at the hospital. He was a little upset. Dead by gunfire is often as not a result of the cops shooting, probably mostly so. Around here anyway. Now overdoses...that's another game. Like flies.

In Southern Cal the cops will write for anything, real, imaginary, it doesn't matter. But! Ah! Parts North are nearly cop free zones. But they do write for zero beanie, if it's flaunted on the main roads, and often on the backroads too.

Me? Oh yes! "My body is a temple and I must never place a shield between me an' mah Father...in Heaven"... an entire theology might be evolved...see? I'm practicing for the religion exam at motor vehicles. Oh, wait, that's illegal...so they'll have to put a place you can check...as "I identify as a ..................." I'll try "Hyperborean", since they never heard of that Church... Hyperboreans' religion calls for leather snoopy helmets...there an entire theological justification too, lemmee see now...

Best!

Personally I think land splitting is a dangerous practice and I’d never do it. Others will not agree.

I was thinking maybe water pump broken so leave rad drain plug off and just run water through constantly. No floor in the cab would worry you till you get used to it.

Amazing contrast with our throw-it-away society - so much stuff is junked due to an easily fixed fault. Once worked with an old guy from India, when it was still under British rule so late 1940s. As a mechanic he used to re-manufacture spark plugs. And re-bore cylinders using the old piston, sawn in half, forced open with a wedged stick, coated in mud and punka'd up and down till the micrometer said enough. Human labour was cheap and parts were expensive . . .
I worked for a Cuban family, same philosophy. When they disposed of anything, it was used up.

Personally I think land splitting is a dangerous practice and I’d never do it. Others will not agree.
It’s dangerous among cagers who are happy to kill you for doing it. When done in places where it is accepted practice and within the intended purpose, it isn’t dangerous. I prefer to call the accepted practice filtering rather than lane splitting.

Most people aren’t even aware it’s been passed and to have a motorcycle sail by along line of cars and take position at the front of the line? I’m thinking there’s trouble brewing.

I grew up doing it, and everybody knows it's perfectly normal practice. Occasionally you'll get some ass who doesn't like it and tries to block you, but none of them have ever succeeded, as when they think they're close, they're not really.
As well as that, I've always been prepared to duke it out with any fecker who tries to act dangerous towards me on the bike.
That last point would be moot in a gun-totin' society, though. :rolleyes:

Back