WTF pictures

40north

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score
They chatter on about the secret tunnels....just now on the Mediterranean Coast the natives and the non natives and their little affray over the gas and oil and real estate... So I wondered about History... tunneling under the enemy and causing big surprises with sprengstoff or whatever...and secret spy nests and diabolical HQ for the putative schmucks being called "bad" or whatever... Naturally I attended the British History, as they're so industrious.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/secret-chamber-in-rock-of-gibraltar
1700896806919.png

1700896846586.png
1700896881393.png

The url has a flying boat picture as well. Enjoy! (manm those people were nuts!)

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 255979

Brother Smedly would say if it's something and it pretends to be something else and there's money involved it's a racket... 40N

It is funny.

Any new Teck involving a change in infrastructure is always going to b the chicken or an egg question. Build cars... Nope not enough charging stations. Build more charging stations....nope not enough EV's.

Was a guy who ran a charging station along the nullabour, (google Nullabour), using a deisel generator. Went viral on Facebook for the hipocricy, (your joke), even though the vehicle was still not using petrol for however long it was in Western Australia. Short term loss for long term gane.

Anyhow.the operator took the criticism on board, started collecting all the waste cooking oil from local, out as far as he needed to, to recycle and use it to run the generator. The cost savings from not using deisel was of value, the cost/value/conversion, to run the EV from a generator running on recycled cooking oil dropped as well. Was still way cheaper than running a combustion engine.

40north

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score
It is funny.

Any new Teck involving a change in infrastructure is always going to b the chicken or an egg question. Build cars... Nope not enough charging stations. Build more charging stations....nope not enough EV's.

Was a guy who ran a charging station along the nullabour, (google Nullabour), using a deisel generator. Went viral on Facebook for the hipocricy, (your joke), even though the vehicle was still not using petrol for however long it was in Western Australia. Short term loss for long term gane.

Anyhow.the operator took the criticism on board, started collecting all the waste cooking oil from local, out as far as he needed to, to recycle and use it to run the generator. The cost savings from not using deisel was of value, the cost/value/conversion, to run the EV from a generator running on recycled cooking oil dropped as well. Was still way cheaper than running a combustion engine.
Yes, I suppose you're right, and I think there are non stochastic loops in the chemical energy/electrical energy systems that in some cases make good sense to exploit. I do also think that taxation and regulation heavily distort the calculations as far as sound engineering goes, so far that what makes sense and what does not make sense is somewhat removed from physical reality, ie delusional in degree, sometimes to the absurd... Yeah, I knew about the fella in Oz and his DG-Electro hootenanny. But I got a cool picture...>>

Laramie Valley USA has snow like this as Winter closes is, but it's the evil empire of roooskiecommieland> Very pretty too!

1701093726036.png

I myself much prefer a warm Summer somewhere in California in 1950, with a '38 UL and 50 bucks...
Later Amigo!

40north

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score

S1Ep27 Highway Patrol Motorcycle A with Clint Eastwood in Chatsworth​

Speakin of old scooters...and yeah, that's Eastwood... Actaully Cali was not much different... very few laws those day....enjoj propaganda! (2 men on motorcycles officers, ya better gitem...!)

40north

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score