WTF pictures

Guy I worked with back in the `70's had one of those trucks, not as pretty and shinny! Kind of neat with the sides dropping down to make like a flat bed truck!

They also had doors down low on the side of the bed that opened up a pretty big storage compartment under the bed. Pretty cool! 😃

Guy I worked with back in the `70's had one of those trucks, not as pretty and shinny! Kind of neat with the sides dropping down to make like a flat bed truck!
In 1988 I saw a Formula Vee racer from Ct. bring his racer to Road America with the car sitting on the bed. I owned a 66 van and I know how slow those things are. They're cool, just don't get in a big hurry.

No idea what's going on here.

1672924550697.png

Somehow related to this?
View attachment 233298

Actually don't laugh. In my hometown back in the late 60's an enterprising developer had steelwork racks built so that single wide trailers could be loaded end in, in stair step fashion ascending up a hillside. As I recall there were 3 of these structures, each held 5 trailers and there was a stairway that went up one side to a landing by the door of each, a parking lot at both the top of the hill and at the bottom.
Eventually the city council ruled that it was a potential fire hazard and shut it down but it was there around 10 years.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my daughter in law's sister about teacher's pay. She went on and on about how underpaid teachers are (50K to start in Fl.) and I informed her that truck mechanics with 20 years experience make about that much. "But teaching is such an important job" T said "If I leave a wheel loose on a tractor, and it causes an accident, how important is that Job?" Crickets. BTW, my granddaughter is in college now to become a teacher.

Back