Xs 650 engine serial number issue

For safeties sake i hope the welds have been redone. The red arrow at the Axle plate show where the weld hasn't done a full run where that gap at the end i a crack waiting to happen. Arrow at the neck show very poor welds and a JP point out there are no gussets for strength so poor welds are going to have more stress on them.

I point these out, and they are hard to see when the pic is blown up. What about all the others that can't be seen really concerns me.

The rear guard weld look like they are running 3 welds vertical to the stay not horizontal with it
IMG_1549.jpg b.jpg

For safeties sake i hope the welds have been redone. The red arrow at the Axle plate show where the weld hasn't done a full run where that gap at the end i a crack waiting to happen. Arrow at the neck show very poor welds and a JP point out there are no gussets for strength so poor welds are going to have more stress on them.

I point these out, and they are hard to see when the pic is blown up. What about all the others that can't be seen really concerns me.

The rear guard weld look like they are running 3 welds vertical to the stay not horizontal with it
View attachment 243365
I thought the same thing that picture is older I had taken it all back apart and had the old welds ground out and re done other than the neck I still need that part redone but the previous owner tried to braze the whole frame witch I really didn’t trust.(the most recent is with the black tank on it) And I’m for sure gonna add more support at the neck as well. Thank you guys for the help and support I really didn’t think about the gussets before.

Good to know. :thumbsup:

Important to mount the neck plates as JP shows with the top part of the plate running on the sides of the top tube. Some make the mistake of running them down/along the center of the top tube. This can cause the top tube to break where the plate ends due to vibration and stress

Back