XS Southeast 2016

I just talked with the Iron Horse about any availability for Sept 23-24-25

As of 10AM Aug 10th they have:
1 efficiency unit, $125.00/night (this is the living room/kitchen area in one of the cabins up on the hill, it has its own private bathroom however the bed in there is a queen size sofa pullout, also has a twin size roll away)

Both bunkhouses still have a few spots available
So if you want to be right at the Iron Horse you can still call and get a Bunk House bed.

FYI TENT CAMPERS: I asked I-H to confirm what they provided to Tent Campers. They said:

For the campers, towels/washcloths are available to rent from the gift shop. Shampoo, conditioner, bath gel are complementary in the bath-houses.

So if you are Tent Camping bring your own towel or if you don't want to lug a towel I-H has them but she didn't say how much.
I will ask. Likely a nominal $ just so they don't disappear.

Reminder: as we get closer to the Rally date we will also be providing updated info on our XSSE Facebook Page.

www.facebook.com/XSSoutheast

Boy, as much as I hate it... I have to miss this one. There's a small get together in Northern PA I've been attending for the past few years and it just so happens that it falls on the same date as the XS Rally. It would have last year too but it was canceled because the fellow putting it on was out of the country. Maybe next year the stars will align differently.

You guys and gals have fun and be safe......I had a BLAST at it last year.....great folks, great campground, great food and a well run rally....what else could you ask for.

Gordon in NC

If you are interested in a Rally Shirt its now
SHIRT ORDERING TIME
biggrin.gif

Shirt will look about like this (i can't make a rendering look exactly perfect & to scale, but shirt will be about like this)
%20Shirt%20Proof%20FINAL%20nopay%20v2b_zps5benhs1v.jpg

Front: has 6 1/2 inch 15th Annual Circle with bike wheel

Back: Endless Curves in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Short Sleeve Small, Medium, Large, XL is $12 ..... XXL is $14 and XXXL is $15
Long Sleeve Small, Medium, Large, XL is $15 ..... XXL is $17 and XXXL is $18

You can Order via email at: xsseshirt@gmail.com. Or PM jetmechmarty
PayPal at time of order is appreciated.

Your shirt will be available for pickup at the our sign-in area at the Iron Horse. Prepaids just sign-in and get your shirt.

Guess that's it. If you want it shipped just let me know. I will ship for additional $6 to USA.

If you're going to want the shirt, please don't wait until the last minute. We're going to be anxious to get these off to the printer to avoid any last minute SNAFU.

Tee Shirt sale ends September 6.

Last edited:
Since its the 15th Annual XSSE we have a few new things for this year.
eek.gif

After checking-in with the Iron Horse to get your meals & cabin/tent/bunkhouse squared away
- then - you sign-in at our XSSE table to get the shirt you ordered & to say HEY.
New - this year you will also receive two (2) things.
confused.gif

1) a Goodie Bag (with some neat stuff)
rolleyes.gif

2) a Raffle Ticket (for some really awesome stuff)
wink.gif

Just saying, you probably DON'T want to misplace or loose your Raffle Ticket. A need to be present to win sort of thing
We will draw for the awesome stuff on Saturday night at our Awards Event.
More detail to follow (no we are not going to raffle off a xs11. Wish we could)
cool.gif
but there is going to be some things to likely make the crowd Hoot n' Holler
as if this group needs any more encouragement to Hoot n' Holler

1465379_1011541448919804_8004375745986331118_n.jpg

12047026_1011541638919785_3183906351477828608_n.jpg

Am I generating any interest? We'd love to have the XS650 represented in big numbers this year. Bring your stocker, your cafe racer, your bobber, or your chopper. We want to see it.
If I can find a trailer, I'm bringing my stock, my hard tail, my brat and my drop seat! Actually I'm looking forward to riding the stock one since I just purchased it last week! And no I'm not gonna ride all four! My brother is coming with me!

That's fantastic! I can't wait to see them! Worse comes to worst, U-Haul has trailers and the Iron Horse has places to park them.

I have booked a room at the Tuskeegee for the event. I will be riding down on my computerized, fuel injected modern triple. (I have thrown away the tool kit, lol)
Looking forward to see whether this rally is the apples or the oranges. So long as there is BBQ once a day all is good. See you all there.

Attachments

• SAM_4097.JPG
    SAM_4097.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 207
You won't be alone on the modern motorcycle. There are usually several. There will be at least one other FJ09.

For those staying at the Tuskeegee or other places, be sure to contact the Iron Horse several days in advance to arrange meals. If you fail to do so, you have a long ride to get something to eat, and we don't want you to miss the festivities!
http://ironhorsenc.com/contact-us/
Tele: 828-479-3864

Last edited:
Here are a couple of reminders for those who are new to this.

If you are not reserving space at the Iron Horse, you must contact them a few days before the rally to arrange for meals. If you don't do so, you won't eat with us. Getting something to eat may involve a long ride if the Stecoah Diner isn't open.
http://ironhorsenc.com/contact-us/
Tele: 828-479-3864

If you want a rally tee shirt, we do not print any extras. You must get it in the pre-sale. It comes to an end Labor Day Weekend. Request and/or PayPal to XSSEshirt@gmail.com

IH is in a dry county. If you're drinking adult beverages, you have to bring them. Rooms come with ice chests. You will have the opportunity to restock on the return from the Saturday ride.

Arrive with a full tank of gasoline! The closest fuel is five miles from the lodge in the wrong direction.

Copied from XS11.com:

10 Things that you do NOT have to worry about at XSSE 2016:

1) Don't worry about running out of gas. Fuel stops are included during the rides - Guys with Specials do not need to be concerned.

2) Don't worry about getting lost. There will be procedures to keep people with their group.

3) Don't worry about the weather. Plenty of things to do if weather prevents riding. Usually can ride around the weather. Weather in The Great Smoky Mountains changes quickly.

4) Don't worry about break downs. With all of the knowledge that you are surrounded with, a quick repair is not far away. Worst case scenario, AAA is there.

5) Don't worry about the large amount of information that you will get on Friday. It will all come together on Saturday's ride.

6) Don't worry that you won't have fun. There is no chance of that.

7) Don't worry if you get more awards on Saturday night than you can carry.

8) Don't worry whether or not you will see a whole lot of beautiful XS1100s and the riders that they brought with them.

9) Don't worry if you see bikes other than the XS1100 because they are invited too. And we are glad to have them.

10) And finally - Don't worry if you don't like any of the guys that have prepared this rally for the last 15 years, because they can all be replaced. LOL

We're getting some support this year in the way of goodies. I don't have the comprehensive list, but I'll name a few.

YAMAHA MOTOR CORP.,USA
XJ4Ever
Mike's XS
Cycle Gear
Summit Racing
State Farm
more...

Since we have attracted the attention of the mothership (Yamaha) we want a good show. What we want is demo rides of the new stuff at our event. If we show enough turnout at this one, they'll send folks out in 2017. There is still time to get yourself and your bike on board for this event.

Lots more discussion here: http://www.xs11.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

reposted from XS11.com:

XSSE Attendees,

With the approval of the Organizing Committee, I've been contacting multiple vendors of Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, etc. We will have some really nice items provided from some of our regular vendor friends (XJ4Ever, MikesXS, Cycle Gear, and SEVERAL others)

In addition, I've been able to make some great contacts with YAMAHA MOTORSPORTS who will be providing a few items as well - Shipped from YAMAHA CORPORATE today!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
YES, Yamaha does appreciate our love of their machines!

XSSE_Awards1_zpsng8juymt.jpg

The awards are beginning to show up as promised and I'm expecting a whole lot more! Including our GRAND PRIZES!!!

Stay tuned......

KURT

Back