XS Southeast 2016

FWIW, Mike's XS has provided us with some very generous support. A big box of goodies from them has just arrived. Don't miss out on this one!

Copied from XS11.com:

I'm guessing the only way you don't win something is to miss the rally!

XSSE_090916_MikesXSampAll_zpszsxezs03.jpg

Our vendor friends are shipping boxes of goodies to my door for the event. Russ at MikesXS really went OVER THE TOP with his donation to our Rally. Yamaha also provided a nice box full of goodies for us. Rather than post photos of ALL the stuff we'll be giving away....lets leave a little suspense! I'm also still expecting delivery of a package from LEN/Chacal @ XJbikes that will blow everyone away!!!

If you're on the fence, get off the fence and make plans to be at the rally. I understand there are still a couple camping spots remaining and of course there are other hotels right around the corner that are very popular. (I believe contact info on those is posted earlier in this thread).

REMINDER: At check-in you will receive your bag of "Goodies" as well as a drawing ticket from Nancy.... Keep it and Keep it Safe....

Kurt

I hope my mostly one sided conversation has pulled some of you in. We're less than two weeks away. I'm pretty excited about this year's event. I think we'll be big enough that we'll have format changes for next year. I would like to have over a dozen XS650 bikes and even more XS650 enthusiasts riding whatever will get you there, even if it has four wheels!

Time is running out!

Just so your not feeling to lonely.....................I have been following your comments and updates and although i am in Aus you have got me excited about the rally. We have the XS650 club of Australia and every state has representatives for different areas, and i can honestly say there is not the enthusiasm for any such get together in the XS650 community over here. Even our AGM's do not have a ride in conjunction with the meeting. Congrats on getting the suppliers on board and especially Yamaha.

It is a selfless act, to put in the energy required into making such an event successful. Although you have said there are many more involved in the rally, your input on here will help to make the rally more than just a gathering.

Skull,
Thanks for the kind words. We have a very good rally. We have to grow to keep it going. Folks who travel from far away don't come every year. We're getting older and folks give up the bikes. The kids don't seem interested in our hobby. If I can bring the other vintage Yamaha groups into the fold, we can keep this this going for a long time. Doing that is our challenge.

Hey Marty, Marlin from Flowery Branch. Got my son's wedding this saturday and been taking off a lot of days. Your weekend is gonna be beautiful. Don't know if I can make it. Want to at least to ride with you guys 1 day or drink some beer at least one night. Do tenters need reservations? Maybe next year. Need a nudge. Don't know if I can carry a tent, sleeping bag and beer like you did. Aaaaaahhhhhh!

<snip> It is a selfless act, to put in the energy required into making such an event successful. Although you have said there are many more involved in the rally, your input on here will help to make the rally more than just a gathering.

Here, here.......................

I've only attended one of these events (last year) and I can tell ya, yes there are others helping out ( and doing a fine job of it) but it doesn't take long to see how much Marty puts into this. He's everywhere, making people feel welcome and I don't know if he knows how much that means to someone new to the group....I'll tell ya for me, it's priceless and something I won't forget.

I hate the fact that I won't be able to make it this year but will do my best to talk the fellows putting on the event I am goin to to make sure NEXT year the dates don't conflict. GREAT people, GREAT campground, GREAT food......you really can't ask for it to be any better.

You can't get rid of me that easy.......I'll be back!!!!!!!

You guys and gals have fun......be safe and enjoy the company of like minded folks.....it's part of living the dream you won't regret. (even if your clutch cable breaks BEFORE the ride leaves out)

Your friend in NC, USA Gordon Gray

Hey Marty, Marlin from Flowery Branch. Got my son's wedding this Saturday and been taking off a lot of days. Your weekend is gonna be beautiful. Don't know if I can make it. Want to at least to ride with you guys 1 day or drink some beer at least one night. Do tenters need reservations? Maybe next year. Need a nudge. Don't know if I can carry a tent, sleeping bag and beer like you did. Aaaaaahhhhhh!

Marlin,
I strongly recommend you contact the Iron Horse before you come. If for nothing else, to arrange whatever meals you may be present for. Our Saturday ride departs promptly by 0905. I'll post the name of the restaurant in Brevard where lunch is once I have it in front of me again. Sunday's departure is a little later. Lunch is in Etowah, TN. I hope you can make it!

Here, here.......................

I've only attended one of these events (last year) and I can tell ya, yes there are others helping out ( and doing a fine job of it) but it doesn't take long to see how much Marty puts into this. He's everywhere, making people feel welcome and I don't know if he knows how much that means to someone new to the group....I'll tell ya for me, it's priceless and something I won't forget.
Your friend in NC, USA Gordon Gray

Gordon, we'll certainly miss you this year and thanks for the kind words. The date for 2017 is 22-25 September.

From I-H:
We look forward to your visit this week. Please help us with our meal planning by filling out the attached meal tickets for the nights you plan to dine with us. Simply save the attached to your computer, fill out and email back to us at info@ironhorsenc.com. If this doesn’t work, you can call in your order or just list out your choices on an email.

EXPRESS CHECK IN – If you plan to leave your room charge and meals on the credit card we have on file, email us and tell us you want EXPRESS CHECK IN When you arrive you can stop at the office to sign for your key and you are done. This really speeds up check in.

Massage Therapy is available by appointment. Please call ahead and schedule your appointment.

Adult beverages – We are in a dry county (we can’t sell adult beverages) you are welcome to bring your own. We have coolers and ice available.

Ride Safe,
Charlene

Friday 23rd
1 ticket per person please
$9.50 Spaghetti & Meatballs , salad bar & garlic bread
$10.95 Chicken Parmesean,spaghetti,salad bar & garlic bread
$6.95 Salad Bar only w/ garlic bread
$1.99 Ice Tea or coffee

Saturday 24th
$17.95 8oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar & Baked Potato R MR M MW W
$21.95 12oz Prime Rib, Salad Bar, & Baked Potato
$14.95 Salmon, Salad Bar & Baked Potato
$7.95 Salad Bar & Baked Potato Potato Choice:
$6.95 Salad Bar Only Regular
$1.99 Ice Tea or coffee Sweet

Sunday 25th
$9.95 Country Fried Steak with mashed potatoes & gravy, choice of 1 sides and roll
$9.95 Blacken Catfish with rice and choice of 1 sides
green beans
side salad
corn
$1.99 Ice Tea or coffee

Make sure you arrive at the Iron Horse with a full tank of gasoline. We leave at 0905 and the first stop is about 80 miles. Break down and we stick with you. Run out of gas, you're on your own.

I hope to see some of you on Friday!

Mid day today, I left to ride to XSSE, travelling alone. I was at an "Onroute" on 401 and saw a fellow pull up to the pumps on a gold 71 stock ish driver. Had solid state reg/rec and he said Mike's carbs, a lot of traffic noise, so could not have the best convo, imagine my surprise when he pressed a button, it started and he motored away. I tried to spread the word about XSSE. Made it to Lima OH, tonight.

Attachments

• SAM_4439.JPG
    SAM_4439.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 220
Packing it up. See ya!
FYI:
Upon Arrival at Iron Horse you will see your Team XSSE Hosts wearing Pink Rally shirts.
cool.gif

"Pink Shirts" will be Outside to assist with your Arrival & questions -and-
"Pink Shirts" will be Inside to help you get xsse signed-in and get your (non-pink) xsse shirt if you Ordered one. + raffle tickets + goodie bag.
If you already paid for your shirt, THANKS. If not just pay for your shirt when you sign-in.

So be looking for Mike & Kurt & Marty out front of I-H in Pink when you arrive, then Jeff & Nancy (Kurts wife) wearing pink in the dining hall with a big pile o' rally shirts.
We should be setup to start check-in about 2pm Friday and will be there through dinner time because people arrive up till dark or later.

Don't forget the Riders Safety Meeting Friday night after dinner. We will do some quick introductions then talk about ride groups so we get everyone in a ride group that will be at a pace you are comfortable with. We all want to get to the Campfire so this will not take more than 20 minutes but it is an important 20 minutes for everyone.

1st gas stop on Saturday is 60 miles out. Gotta make it 60 miles. Groups not stopping for gas except at the planned gas stops. Furthest between stops is like 80 miles so Specials and those with real bad MPG are covered with the existing planned gas stops.

See you Friday,
Team XSSE

Last edited:
Had to ride though the Dragon to get to my motel tonight.
Oh, the burdens of travel!
(actually, at the end of a long hot day, probably missed the apex on most of those 368 curves - seeing those long dark straight skid marks going into the bush a bit unsettling)
SAM_4446.JPG

Last edited:
Hey, just got back from the Iron Horse Lodge, ( gotta work Saturday ).
What a great group of guys. Sorry I had to leAve. I actually won a prize in the raffle.
A special thanks to MikesXs for the XS650 prizes.
I'm sipping/guzzling a few Tarapen Rye Ales.
Goodnight all, and ride safely tomorrow!

Back