XS1 Muffler LOUD

For the same price would it be better to buy this
This way you would get the reducer sleeves with it
To fit on a number of years of 650's ?

Commando Style Megaphone Muffler

$79.00 $72.95

Commando Style Megaphone Muffler Commando Style Megaphone Muffler. An "XS Performance" part. Chrome Megaphone is 26" Long x 3 7/8" end Dia. with a welded in mechanical steel baffle, welded on end cone and a reinforced mounting bracket positioned to improve fit to the XS chassis. Includes a reducer sleeve set to fit this muffler to 1 3/4", 1 5/8", 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" headpipes and included a hanger strap and clamp + center baffle plug. Part #07-0015

$79.00 $72.95

Commando Style Megaphone Muffler Commando Style Megaphone Muffler. An "XS Performance" part. Chrome Megaphone is 26" Long x 3 7/8" end Dia. with a welded in mechanical steel baffle, welded on end cone and a reinforced mounting bracket positioned to improve fit to the XS chassis. Includes a reducer sleeve set to fit this muffler to 1 3/4", 1 5/8", 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" headpipes and included a hanger strap and clamp + center baffle plug. Part #07-0015
No
All stock XS650 headers are the same size/diameter.
Reducer sleeves are very hard to get seal.

I'm just a slacker "good enough to ride" type polisher
:bow: Mailman :bow2:
Then there's Charlie Gerbracht seen on XS650 choppers group
from a video.
View attachment 237835
Of note? MANY clutch cover bottom leaks come from the tach drive seal/shaft.
Thats incredible! I am also a "good enough" polisher lol. I stopped at 800 grit and polished from there.

$79.00 $72.95

that's the one I got just in case, didnt know all stock headers were the same.... will report back when I finally put everything together

Soooooo… I decided that you guys are right and I got a pair of those commando type mufflers from yamahaxs650 that were on sale. While I was waiting for them I finally was able to cut slash hummer off the old mufflers they were rusted pretty bad to the headers.

Headers cleaned up pretty good by soaking in evapo-rust for 24 hours for each slide some light scrubbing then polished with mothers.

But since repair work is a slippery slope lol… I decided to finally replace the clutch side cover gasket since it had been leaking at the bottom. Annnnnnd since the cover was off I decided it was a good time to wet sand and polish it. Didn’t turn out half bad! The 50 year old gasket was pretty tough to get off but we got there.
also didn't realize a pic of my dog got in there lmao

Ha! You've become afflicted too!; I call it "gggGary/Mailman Syndrome": compulsive polishing of that bit, then the next bit....

Man, do I know that feeling....I caught that on a 1970 Honda CB350 I decided to pull the motor "just to paint the frame" on.

Then when the frame is painted..."I cant put those dirty looking wheels on that pretty frame". "Man, those brake drum covers are dull...I cant put them on those polished up wheels".

It just snowballs from there!! 😆😆😆

Last edited:
Back