For Sale - XS1B parts

marmoto

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been visiting this forum for a while but have just now become a member. Being so new, my posts will be viewed with suspicion.

I've been on ADVrider for a while (same nickname) though I don't post much. I've been a member of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group for decades. I'm a real person.

I have three XS650s: 1976 standard, 1981 special and a 1971 XS1B. All need work.

Recently brought the XS1B into town from where it has been stashed for decades (not in a "barn", and not a "find"; I knew it was there all along) at my bro-in-law's farm. Decided that I don't have enough to complete the XS1B so I am going to be parting it out. For example, I don't have a decent tank, seat, sidecovers, instruments, controls and lots of other things.

I'll be listing a few parts over the next few weeks. Stay tuned if you need anything.

Michael

I need a set of footpegs for the front and rear. Also need the front fork damper assy.
Don't have footrests; I was going to substitute from a later model.

I have the forks but the stanchions are rusty. The internals may be okay. XS1B forks were unique to that year (1971) so finding tubes will be a challenge. If you just need the internals I can probably help. Will try to post some photos soon.

Don't have footrests; I was going to substitute from a later model.

I have the forks but the stanchions are rusty. The internals may be okay. XS1B forks were unique to that year (1971) so finding tubes will be a challenge. If you just need the internals I can probably help. Will try to post some photos soon.
I only need all the damper parts. Found the pegs.

Hello,

I've been visiting this forum for a while but have just now become a member. Being so new, my posts will be viewed with suspicion.

I've been on ADVrider for a while (same nickname) though I don't post much. I've been a member of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group for decades. I'm a real person.

I have three XS650s: 1976 standard, 1981 special and a 1971 XS1B. All need work.

Recently brought the XS1B into town from where it has been stashed for decades (not in a "barn", and not a "find"; I knew it was there all along) at my bro-in-law's farm. Decided that I don't have enough to complete the XS1B so I am going to be parting it out. For example, I don't have a decent tank, seat, sidecovers, instruments, controls and lots of other things.

I'll be listing a few parts over the next few weeks. Stay tuned if you need anything.

Michael
Hi Michael I have a XS2 motor that's missing most of the covers : crank case covers both sides and the 4 valve covers. Are you parting the motor? I would need those parts to complete my motor. It's a back burner project so not looking to break the bank. Lmk what you can do. Thanks Reg

Hi Michael I have a XS2 motor that's missing most of the covers : crank case covers both sides and the 4 valve covers. Are you parting the motor? I would need those parts to complete my motor. It's a back burner project so not looking to break the bank. Lmk what you can do. Thanks Reg
Hello Reg, thanks for the message. Covers are a problem; I don't know what people do with them. Maybe tole painting or something. Definitely no lefts; I'm down three as it is. For the other covers I have the right number for the engines I have. I've purchased a few on Ebay but not recently. Does the XS2 have the integrated valve lifter on the square head cover? XS1B has that. Have not decided to part the XS1B engine or sell it as a lump.

Will do. I looked in the rafters today and I have three tanks of that vintage, all 72s. All have problems but all are fixable. Do you have any friends north of the border that can receive a parcel? Will simplify things and reduce costs if you do.

Back