Sold / Found / Inactive - XS2 PEARL YELLOW GOLD

Just seen elsewhere....
1666119270346.png

A similar pic should be coming soon to a forum near you....

I’m currently restoring an XS2 and plan to paint to the UK/ European Pearl Yellow Gold colour scheme. Could anyone confirm the correct paint for the stripes on the tank, from pictures I cant decide if there is a red stripe.
Viewing from. the petrol cap down,
1. Tank Pearl Yellow Gold.
2. Yellow stripe.
3. ??? Is this a Red stripe or just a gap showing the Pearl Yellow Gold same as tank.???
4. Black stripe.
5. Yellow stripe.
6. Rest of tank Pearl Yellow Gold around Yamaha badge.

I‘m also trying to source an original UK/ European Rear lIght numberplate holder which is a different shape to the USA version and does not have the two red reflector mounts. The different rear lamp is easily obtainable but I’ve failed miserably trying to source this last remaining part. The part number for complete Assy is 306-84710-30 and just the License bracket is 306-84751-30-35. I have the USA number plate type with the red reflectors, if anyone on the forum could source this part for me I would be most grateful. Cheers Paul.

I'm pretty sure it is a red stripe.

1662920244403.png

I’m currently restoring an XS2 and plan to paint to the UK/ European Pearl Yellow Gold colour scheme. Could anyone confirm the correct paint for the stripes on the tank, from pictures I cant decide if there is a red stripe.
Viewing from. the petrol cap down,
1. Tank Pearl Yellow Gold.
2. Yellow stripe.
3. ??? Is this a Red stripe or just a gap showing the Pearl Yellow Gold same as tank.???
4. Black stripe.
5. Yellow stripe.
6. Rest of tank Pearl Yellow Gold around Yamaha badge.

I‘m also trying to source an original UK/ European Rear lIght numberplate holder which is a different shape to the USA version and does not have the two red reflector mounts. The different rear lamp is easily obtainable but I’ve failed miserably trying to source this last remaining part. The part number for complete Assy is 306-84710-30 and just the License bracket is 306-84751-30-35. I have the USA number plate type with the red reflectors, if anyone on the forum could source this part for me I would be most grateful. Cheers Paul.
The stripes are in the following order:
The yellow is 5mm
The black is 4mm
The red stripe is 3mm
pyg_IMG_5955.jpeg

Hi there! I have one- here in Ohio- clean title-all service completed 2 months ago- just kick start and go 😊
Let me know if you’re interested.
I’m sorry- did not catch the Euro paint scheme requirement- mine is the standard US paint - did not mean to mislead you.🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• B2EC2A33-A628-4E0D-84AE-6385D9A6A977.jpeg
    B2EC2A33-A628-4E0D-84AE-6385D9A6A977.jpeg
    739.7 KB · Views: 69
I’m sorry- did not catch the Euro paint scheme requirement- mine is the standard US paint - did not mean to mislead you.🤷🏻‍♂️
No worries - I've found a US XS2 and fully up to my neck acquiring needed bits to begin a "colorized" resto over the winter:D

Nice bike you have done there!

The yellow is 5mm
The black is 4mm
The red stripe is 3mmView attachment 228259
Picked up Tank, Side Panels and headlamp from the painter today and wen5 for the UK/Europe/ Oceania scheme. Pleased with results although it looks a little red in the image. Unusually bright Sunny day in Cardiff today and pant looks very much like jp
The yellow is 5mm
The black is 4mm
The red stripe is 3mmView attachment 228259
Just picked up my XS2 Tank from Ultimate Bike Paints,I went for UK/Euro/ Oceania theme. It’s unusually sunny today in Cardiff and the pictures look a little red but actually its more orange. Happy with the results and a big thank you to jpdevol and txxs for supplying pictures and info on the paint scheme

Attachments

• EAB02DE2-BD48-4D84-B235-E18C0B9043F1.jpeg
    EAB02DE2-BD48-4D84-B235-E18C0B9043F1.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 50
Back