XS2 petcock seeping

Sparkyduc

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I’m in the final stages of restoring my XS2, I had the tank professionally painted and I got some peacocks from Mikes XS. I tapped out the screw holes in the tank to clean out the threads of the paint. I put a couple of gallons of fuel in and let it set overnight. No seepage from the right one but the left side has a small amount of seeping. The front screw has a drop on the bottom after about 4-5 hours of setting. I ran my finger along the peacock base where it sits against the tank and might have been a little moist. Has anyone had this issue and if so how was it resolved.
Thanks guys

I don't know about your model, but I know on my '79 xs650, the vacuum petcock leaked a bit. I switched it to manual petcocks. But I know you're doing a restoration, so changing the petcock isn't an option. I would drain the fuel and just reinstall the leaking petcock and just make sure there's no small gap between the tank and o-ring. Basically, just look it over again and see if there's anything you may have missed.

Back