XS2 ridged brake line thread

eight0

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I decided to replace the two line system with one single braided line. I have ordered a new brake line from Goodrige but the fitting they supplied doesn't fit.
Firstly the adapter is convex on both ends and it needs to be concave to fit the ridged front line or the caliper.
Also the thread isn't right, its the right size but not thread.It screws into the actual caliper OK though.

Is there any harm in deleting the ridged line?
Does anyone know what type of thread and size the front ridged line on the XS2 is?

Don't know but IIRC it's an SAE thread? the problem with an all flex line is clearance, the original line runs between the fork, fender, wheel, it's a tight fit.

Don't know but IIRC it's an SAE thread? the problem with an all flex line is clearance, the original line runs between the fork, fender, wheel, it's a tight fit.

it is a tight fit but if I took the mud guard off, (fender for you US chaps), I should be able to fit the line through there. There's space for the line just not the fitting on the end.
I think I'm just going to take the whole lot into a local garage and see if they have some fittings that will make it work with the steel line.

I don't see why you couldn't make your own new steel line with the proper fittings you need. I've made lots for my cars. There's a new metal brake line out now, NiCopp. It's a nickel-copper alloy that never rusts and is very easy to bend. That's what I'd use.

Back