xs400 exhaust question

seniorsalazar

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 81 xs400 (first bike) and i noticed alot of folks cutting there exhaust and it sounds nice well i did this cot the exhaust right under pegs and i noticed there is a pipe within a pipe( dont know why that is like i said im a noob) and it sounds super loud and crappy, did i cut to short or to long or does the pipe in side exhaust give it that loud annoyying sound. would appreciate some help from all you gurus out there.

yeah its real loud not cool at all lol, anything i can do besides buying a new exhust to make sound a lil better?

here is where it stands now

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 245
Good looking bike...Like they said, you can extend the pipes. Baffles or snuff-r-nots have help the noise/tone also...

thanks, yeah ive heard em on xs650 so i thought it cant sound to bad on a 400......WRONG!!! sounds horrible haha

You ought to be able to get a set of baffles off ebay to slide into the pipes.That's what I did with my 77 XS650.Haven't had it running yet,so I don't know how it sounds,Should keep the cops at bay though.I have a 81 XS400 too,with straight exhaust.I plan on doing the same with it.

Back