XS650 Braced Swingarm

Toomanybikes

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I am looking for specifications/ideas for bracing a swingarm on a 1977 XS650 or trusted fabricators to do the work.

I am looking for specifications/ideas for bracing a swingarm on a 1977 XS650 or trusted fabricators to do the work.
1645914262462.png

I know someone who has this one for sale. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Drum brake stay, center stand, chain clearance, and exhaust mounts are something to consider. Also make sure the lower hoop doesn`t hit the center frame tube. The tab under the axle slot is for a lifting spool. Just a idea.
swing arm 002.JPG
swing arm 003.JPG

Just a example. That was on one of my 2 trackers I sold. The one for my No Theme build was shorter and the center stand would work (needed to make a stop) but way too ugly for me.:thumbsdown:
No Theme Build 8-14-18 006.JPGNo Theme Build 8-14-18 007.JPGNo Theme Build 8-14-18 008.JPG

Drum brake stay, center stand, chain clearance, and exhaust mounts are something to consider. Also make sure the lower hoop doesn`t hit the center frame tube. The tab under the axle slot is for a lifting spool. Just a idea.
View attachment 208598View attachment 208599
Nice engineering. What diameter and wall thickness tubing did you use? Interesting left side vertical brace. Nice job!

Joe Wiseguy used to make swing arm braces, similar to Halfmile's, and do swing arm extensions. You could buy the brace, to weld yourself, or send him your swing arm, and he'd do it for you, to your specs. He used to have an ad on eBay, but now has an Instagram account. :twocents:

You could always just drop a TX750 swingarm in. Easy drop-in swap and it's tubes are near 1/4" bigger in diameter, much stiffer without the need for bracing .....

Swingarms.jpg

Back