For Sale - xs650 CAFE RACER ONE OFF

rwcfrank

XS650 Member
Reaction score
The concept was to blend old with new hence the crossover Yamaha racing paint scheme with the ton up stripe. I wanted the bike to handle and run as good as it could on tube tires and it does. This bike is the product of more than 3 years of part time tinkering. You judge the finished product. The bike is well laid out and I researched every modification. The glass is mounted properly with 1/4 turn Dzus fasteners and finished in a beautiful yellow over black with a white pinstripe ( pinstripe is done in tape and can be removed) as seen in the pictures. The bike runs great with no no smoke when running or on cold start-up. The bike was built without turn signals or a horn so if you must have them you will need to add them yourself. It is currently registered in California with a clean title in hand and sports the original blue license plate. This is my second XS650 complete rebuild, I included a pic of my red and white tracker for a reference.

Below are some of the modifications ( those I could remember).

Longer, stiffer, box section swing arm with new needle bearings and dual shock mount positions
Shaved, gusseted, powder coated frame with a 65% gloss finish (3mm thick)
Tomaselli clip-on's with new grips
Polished lightened hubs (front hub turned down to remove unsightly casting flaws)
Rear hub drilled for air flow (as seen in pics)
Front wheel is an 18 inch to quicken steering and allow for slightly wider tires (standard racing trick)
Polished shoulder rims with new thicker guage spokes and new nipples
New aluminum rear sprocket and chain
Oversize brake rotors and calipers with stainless steel lines
FZ6 forks with fresh seals and oil (air forks)
New rear shocks
Fairing and tail was NOS and had never mounted
Oil cooler with Stainless Steel lines and aircraft fittings
Custom rear sets (Raask)
Custom built 1 ¾ Shell pipes with tuned port optimizes and exhaust port optimizes
Hand built all aluminum front fender with aluminum brace

Engine was upgraded with;
1 piece clutch pushrod and new seal
HD clutch springs
New style sump strainer
High Performance coil, wires and caps
Carbs rebuilt with spot on jetting and custom needles (starts first kick and idles perfectly)
Pod filters

Fabricated aluminum motor mounts to replace the heavy steel stockers
Electric starter has been removed to save weight
New clutch cable, tach cable and throttle cable
Brand new tires and tubes
Fairing can be removed in seconds with ¼ turn fasteners and bike can be converted to un faired style with no unsightly brackets to detract from the looks of the bike
The hardware on the bike is done right with no extra threads showing and nylocs or lock and flat washer where appropriate
Fiberglass tanks are prone to leaking so I skinned this one and installed a super sturdy 2 gallon steel tank under the tank skin along with the battery. All of the body work can be removed in 1-2 minutes.

Forks are 36 mm from a 87 FZR 600

Rear swing arm is from 1988 Radian

Front rotor 87 FZR1000

Front caliper 98 Suzuki Bandit 600

Oil cooler from Ninja 600R

New battery with charging plug for Deltran style charger

Just tuned with fresh oil and filters, donor engine had 6000 miles when removed from original bike otherwise it is stock

Fresh paint Corvette victory yellow

Spare parts (engine parts, head(s), cams, TCI box, etc may be negotiated due to the fact that I may get into 2 strokes for a while

This bike is more than 30 years old and therefore does not come with any warranty expressed or implied. I can arrange for delivery to Forward Air in South San Francisco for no charge. Price is $6000 and the bike is in the SF BAY AREA CA

my mail is rwcfrank@hotmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 376
Back