RayWhitt

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first time XS builder here. I’m building a street tracker out of a late model 77’. After a major overhaul I started to test ride the bike only to notice the clutch grabbing. After reading conflicting information about number of plates and years I finally got that sorted out and replaced the needle bearing and thrust plates with new ones but now that I’m re-assembling it I can’t get the order of assembly correct. I have this small, thinner washer left over and after torquing it all down the clutch locks up. So obviously my assembly/ spacing is incorrect. It ran before disassembly so I know that washer goes in there but I can’t figure out where. Does anyone have any information on the proper assembly? Including the mystery washer? I’ve also, read previous posts but none of them include the “mystery washer”. Any help is greatly appreciated! I’ll update my profile more as well when I have time. Thanks in advance!

This should help .....

wfEBron.jpg

The two large 2mm thick washers (marked in blue) are the same so can be interchanged. If you bought that new improved bearing with more rollers, it comes with a washer so you will end up with an extra (large 1mm thick one marked in green).

Back