XS650 Craigslist postings depository

I'd say that's normal for a two stroke starting from cold. I think he gives it just a little bit too many revs too early though.

I had an RD350 in 1973, and that thing was smoke bomb. When I took off from a traffic light it left the car behind me in a fog. :laugh2: It also used to foul plugs regularly, in the bikes defense I was probably lugging the motor. It really wanted to be wrung out.

I had an RD350 in 1973, and that thing was smoke bomb. When I took off from a traffic light it left the car behind me in a fog. :laugh2: It also used to foul plugs regularly, in the bikes defense I was probably lugging the motor. It really wanted to be wrung out.
All my RD's were like that... all my 2 strokes come to think of it. About every 100 miles or so, I'd find an empty road and let it have it's head. Most of 'em would top out north of a ton. Afterward they'd purr like a kitten. Having to do that every hundred miles or so was a heavy burden.... but I managed.... :sneaky:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/d/portland-1972-yamaha-ds7-rare-stroke/7346231819.html
01414_7gt8RkBoYXFz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

That looks like a fun little project! I thought it was an R5 when I first saw it , I knew a guy recently that had a little restored 250 and he said it was almost as powerful as the 350. But what’s the deal with all these guys that never get their bike titled. That would be a major hassle here in Arizona, and an immediate deal killer. To me a bill of sale does not prove ownership, you could be buying a stolen bike, or with some unknown title problem.

To me a bill of sale does not prove ownership, you could be buying a stolen bike, or with some unknown title problem.

In Georgia, they don’t require a title for an old vehicle. To get a tag, a bill of sale is required and with an affidavit signed by an officer of the law that the VIN has been run and the vehicle is not stolen. They will not issue a title.
In Mississippi, I need two bills of sale. I need the one from the person who sold me the vehicle and the one given to the previous owner from who he bought it from. With that, Mississippi will issue a title.
50 states and 50 different sets of rules. Having a title certainly simplifies the matter in any of the bureaucracies.

Yes, definitely a looker. Back in the day, many of us thought the Kawasaki triples were the sexiest of the two strokes. The 500 and 750 versions gained a reputation as widow makers though.

I'd say that's normal for a two stroke starting from cold. I think he gives it just a little bit too many revs too early though.

I think the 500 was the game changer paving the way for Japanese Motorcycles where I lived
2 strokes was off not really something to count on Typically smaller ..and for commuting to work
Japanese bikes was off
It was British bikes that was the Norm.. And had been since the mid 50 ies
When the 500 white tank with the blue stripes on came to town .. The owner was a hard revving teenager
You don't see them revved today on the net. But then it was all IN .
Woaaa ..aa after the turn at the street corner it was on the rear wheel Disappearing like a Paycheck as the saying goes
Brit bike owners silent with jaws dropped.
It was still a 2 stroke and the quality was so so Center cylinder had a tendency to stick and weight distribution was not good
Contributing tot the front wheel being in the air
But It could move no one could deny it
The 750 did not evoke the same jawdropping :But the change was coming
The 4 strokes came Kawa and Honda 750 and people now considered look at Japanese bikes
And we all know what happened
I however doubt anyone pays $ 8 000 for a non stock Kawa 3 pipe
But this was important bikes at the time

Looks like the word 'garaged' is a relative term...an ad for beemer lover''s only (or gggGary):)

So the R90 engine is in the R69 chassis and the R69 engine is in the R90 chassis. Curious
Never a big fan of bimmers, but knew guys that owned the Earles forks models like that back in the late 60's into the 70's and loved them. Swore though that if you washed them they never ran right again.

Back