XS650 Craigslist postings depository

What is this thing?
https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...e=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post
213424602_129792692614005_6150478882417478258_n.jpg

Wow! 113,000 miles! Somebody really loved that bike. :geek:

No luck yet. He didn't respond last night. This morning he messaged my wife that yes, it was still available. She responded immediately with my contact info. Since then... crickets. :shrug:

Can be many things
two of them is he had a list of people top down coming or already closed the " Deal " with someone

I was into industrial sewing machines about ten years ago
And one was given away free from a seamstress ..40 minutes drive away
It was in a basement an old heavy thing and not a Seamstress job carry it up for those small stairs
Something like 160 --180 pounds
Luckily I had a very big friend with me 300 pounds or more
I was not that simple for us either but since the friend was big we got it carried up to the street level.
She had a time frame when it needed to be out -- the basement space empty
So if had promised to come and did not show up she would have to hire people and that
would be expensive in relation to the value. Freight on top of it
So for such a situation it can be an advantage to have more than the first caller standby.

Another time it was a very fine machine High quality Pfaff virtually not used at all with extra thread spools I saw it and jumped
the phone . paying asking price unseen .. could borrow a station wagon jumped in the car going to get it
I asked there if anything could be done on the price.
He said not a chance ,,The telephone has been ringing off the hook and I have substantially higher bids
We have a deal on the Phone --- I follow that but if you don't want it ill sell it for $ 50 --- $ 100 more
And that was an excellent opportunity to keep the mouth shut and hand over the cash

Not every one are like that .. say someone calls on the bike I..ll give you $ 200 for it .Then it can be a deal

I once had a cracked car cooler for a VOLVO Called around salvage yards
Found one 40 minutes drive away Lot of extra water filling up at the side of the rod and Arriving there he had sold it.
Someone else had bought it ..He Did not care what he had promised

Back