XS650 Craigslist postings depository

This would be a fun project, but not for me. It’s about 5 minutes from my house. Last registered 42 years ago, clearly stored in a dry garage, much like my XS2.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/d/sun-city-west-1973-honda-cb-450/7358874312.html
44D07CBD-2F3A-4C66-AF04-9A3F4E5656F1.png

If that was near me I'd prolly pounce on it. 'Cause.... you know.... I ain't got enough projects. View attachment 195637

My garage just has no more available space, and I know what the response would be if I took this matter to the chairman. If you want that, something else has to go. One in , one out. :shrug: Besides, I always think, I’ll just do a clean up and get er running, then my OCD takes over! :laugh2:

Recently, in a fit of sanity (brief) I passed on the last year of that bike/motor , bumped to 500cc, complete, titled, barn find in decent shape, for $325!
web pic for reference.
iu

I caught hell from one of my buds for not grabbing it for him.
A classmate bought one brand new from a dealer and learned to ride on it.

Recently, in a fit of sanity (brief) I passed on the last year of that bike/motor , bumped to 500cc, complete, titled, barn find in decent shape, for $325!
web pic for reference.
iu

I caught hell from one of my buds for not grabbing it for him.
A classmate bought one brand new from a dealer and learned to ride on it.

Oh yeah I remember that model well. I have ridden a CL350 but never a 450, I remember at the time, the motorcycle magazines gave it a reputation for being a real shaker. Anybody ride one? How would you compare it to our 650’s?

I put several thou on 3 or 4 well used CB450's, including a black bomber, think they were less shaky than an XS650. With DOHC and "hairpin" valve springs they were real revvers for that era.

As I recall, they were 180° twins... which generally shake less than our 360° motor. Several thousand miles on my buddies scrambler over the years. from what I remember, engine was pretty smooth.

Can anyone help me identify this bike? They want 100$ for it

Attachments

• 2C72DBAE-7B8E-4D4A-BB95-AF4C93B7F705.jpeg
    2C72DBAE-7B8E-4D4A-BB95-AF4C93B7F705.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 90
Back