XS650 Craigslist postings depository

I like HS! Worked trying to buy a nice Ruby red 83 from a guy here in wiscoland but owner really valued it.

horses 017.jpg
Made this guy swear he wouldn't cut it.
83hs bye bye.jpg
Still wish I hadn't let it go.
toomanytoys.jpg

1980 Yamaha XS850G. One year only. Unrestored and in great shape. Nothing to do. Good tires and brakes. New steering bearings, air filter, and fork seals. Fresh fluids all around, garage kept and professionally maintained.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4143339609048448/?ref=messenger_share
A couple of months ago I spent two days on the saddle of that bike. It belongs to @desmoman900. It has a lovely triple growl and it carves corners like a symphony! All indications are that it's impeccably maintained. John maintains everything that way. I can recommend it without reservation.

I'm not fond of the mechanicals of those motors.........
Just from going in to see if dead bikes were repairable, in my forays the answer has been not at reasonable cost, effort.

I'm not fond of the mechanicals of those motors.........
Just from going in to see if dead bikes were repairable, in my forays the answer has been not at reasonable cost, effort.
XS750 & 850 Specials have almost no value. Standards maybe a little more. Buying tires for a Special is more than you can expect to sell the bike for. I still think they’re great to ride. I good one can make a nice cafe racer.

The 750's were notorious for stretched primary drive chains, no adjustor, and would saw the cases. It was my understanding at the time that it was corrected with the 850.

Back