XS650 Craigslist postings depository

This guy will sell you his bike…maybe…if he deems you worthy…and you follow all his rules….and don’t piss him off. 😆

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/d/phoenix-1989-yamaha-fj1200-read-post/7515421990.html

BB1F04D5-1CB6-46D5-88FD-69762EFCA4E1.jpeg

No bike for you!
0DD528B2-C5FA-4185-A3BE-D931C333724F.jpeg

If I wanted that bike, his ad wouldn't sway me. It looks legit.
Legit maybe, but far from something to go look at. NADA puts an '89 FJ1200 at 3800 bucks in excellent condition..... top tier.
He's got one that ain't run in 20yrs and he wants $3500? Too rich for my blood... for what it is anyway.

1659293566347.png

Legit maybe, but far from something to go look at. NADA puts an '89 FJ1200 at 3800 bucks in excellent condition..... top tier.
He's got one that ain't run in 20yrs and he wants $3500? Too rich for my blood... for what it is anyway.

View attachment 220590
Under the circumstances, yes. However, if I were in the market for an FJ and I was close enough for a face to face, making a deal is quite possible. 🤔

Oh I believe it’s legit, and it even looks like a good bike. But the guy has a lot of rules and a chip on his shoulder. :shrug:
I dealt with a guy like that once. He started listing in 2013, I paid for it via Ebay in 2020. It's still for sale (former member here 2jugs).

Not CL but eBait. When I first saw this I had to check the bottom of my shoes to see what I stepped in then I realized the foul stench was coming from my monitor screen.:poo: Take a close look at the 3rd pic. Is it me or is that tail section off center about 1 1/2" from center. I didn`t get any further than the 3rd pic as I saw all I needed to see. $7999 if it sells I will use eBait and advertise mine for a paltry sum of $25K:shrug:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394183132861?hash=item5bc72546bd:g:Z50AAOSwKA5i5HFY

When I first saw this I had to check the bottom of my shoes to see what I stepped in

The ad reads...
"JUST OUT OF A HIGH END COLLECTION BEAUTIFUL-SUPER COOL SHOW BIKE FEATURED IN 101 MOTORCYCLES VOLUME II 1976 Yamaha XS650 Motorcycle, about 50 miles on the motor, been on display in the collection, what can I say about this beauty, it's amazing."

Hmmm. HIGH END...
Somebody is high all right.
Featured SHOW BIKE...
Yet somehow nobody noticed.
DISPLAYED IN THE COLLECTION...
Perhaps front and center with a spotlight.
Yet nobody noticed.

Just think, you too could have your next street tracker built by "Robinson".

I know this membership has some eagle eyes when it comes to pics but I believe someone looking through coke bottles could spot that.

I have a similar, not same, tracker tailsection. I am thinking they lifted the tailsection to charge the battery then just set it down on the frame ignoring alignment and shot pictures. I have reset my taillight/license holder 2 times and it is still fractionally "off".

Back