XS650 Craigslist postings depository

'72 250. 1000 bucks. Not running.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...place_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

1685553060813.png

1685658002208.png

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/642361297356664/

1978 Yamaha xs
$7,500
Listed a day ago in Perth, WA
About This Vehicle
Driven 5,500 km
Manual transmission
Exterior color: Red · Interior color:
Seller's Description
1978 Yamaha XS 650
Vintage bike in great condition
Restoration was completed by the previous owner- currently 5500kms after resto
I have owned this bike for 6 years and have really enjoyed riding it
Not getting time to ride anymore
Carbies need a tune
Tacho needs to be connected
Needs a new speedo cable
Excellent overall condition for a bike of this age
I have a single seat for it and a box of old parts
3 months rego
Regretful sale

I don't know how to send a link but on C/L Boston there is a set of 1977 xs650 mufflers take offs when almost new $200 look nice

Last edited:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-yamaha-xs650-2/
View attachment 244577
Over-Under $5750....place your bets please;)

PS - I can fetch and store for eventual delivery to midwest (AZ too for a fee):lmao:
I`m sure this will break the bank or so BaT will say, but take away the windshield, fairing, tank and seat and that is one of the worst detailed XS650`s I`ve ever seen🤮. The 2023 XS650 Calendar has 13 better looking bikes.:thumbsup: I`m sure it will bring high double digits but on the midwest/planes states FB it`s just another $2500 fixer upper.:twocents:

Almost forgot, the paint has no personality either.:shrug:

I`m sure this will break the bank or so BaT will say, but take away the windshield, fairing, tank and seat and that is one of the worst detailed XS650`s I`ve ever seen🤮. The 2023 XS650 Calendar has 13 better looking bikes.:thumbsup: I`m sure it will bring high double digits but on the midwest/planes states FB it`s just another $2500 fixer upper.:twocents:

Almost forgot, the paint has no personality either.:shrug:
As to the paint...to me it has a late 60's early 70's feel to it, which in the case of this bike, fits. Yes it's a little dull, but sometimes I like simple, or is it that I'm simple? Anyway, yes the calendar bikes are prettier.

A bright red pearl with white pearl (red flash) panels with black and gold striping would straighten that ole dog right out.:yikes: It doesn`t have Jim`s Magic Touch, that`s for sure.
I`m guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 15K

A bright red pearl with white pearl (red flash) panels with black and gold striping would straighten that ole dog right out.:yikes: It doesn`t have Jim`s Magic Touch, that`s for sure.
I`m guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 15K
1685928451273.png

If you'd buy it, I'll pick it up and meet ya around Evansville. You pick up a couple of frames for me in Gladstone, I'll bring some XS2 stuff for your chrome guy; we'll trade loads and kill 3, 4 birds in one trip. Jim can maybe do the above retro MotoGP scheme and you'll have another stunner! :thumbsup:

Back