XS650 Craigslist postings depository

I went to Air Force technical school just down the road from where Craig Vetter lived in Rantoul/Champaign, Illinois.....
'72... White Hall, Chanute AFB.
3370th Training Squadron.

Basic Electronics.
Digital Electronics.
Automatic Flight Controls (autopilot)
Instrument Systems.

'72-'94 Msgt, Ret.
Cannon
Upper Heyford
Eglin
Mt Home
Dharan
Taif
Did we cross paths along the way?
I dont think we were stationed anywhere together (I was at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska. Holloman AFB, NM. Keflavic NAS, Iceland)
but I've been TDY to Eglin and Mt Home many times with F-15's and F-117 Stealth Fighters.

Was in Dhahran during Desert Storm, worked on Upper Heyford F-111's while I was there in fact.

Was in Dhahran during Desert Storm, worked on Upper Heyford F-111's while I was there in fact.
Quiet possible we walked the same sands then. Was at Taif for most of it, but frequent TDY's to Dhahran. Tent City or Khobar Towers?

Last edited:
I dont think we were stationed anywhere together (I was at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska. Holloman AFB, NM. Keflavic NAS, Iceland)
but I've been TDY to Eglin and Mt Home many times with F-15's and F-117 Stealth Fighters.

How cool is that! Are ya sure you weren't in a hangar or on a ramp somewhere and this guy started yelling at you??
trimotor (2).jpg

:jk:

Listen to that character. Sounds like a bag of spanners, just like ours.

Yes Sir
I have never seen this model in real life but I have seen Tridents and BSA Rockets
This one rattles to much for being a rebuilt machine .
Can be adjustments but the Tridents runs much quieter should one want that
Ignition to advanced ??

BSA was the pretty one and still is With worse quality rumor
In my view one of the best looking bikes ever
4 stroke triples made heads turn and the posh red paint .. Wov

https://www.google.com/search?q=BSA...#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:2f67c7ef,vid:HbI9CTnQwIM

Looks like the Standard I posted on here Mar 12. (Post # 4008) It was $2000 on FB. If it`s the same guy I guess he`ll just have to settle for $8450 instead.:shrug:

Took a closer look. Not the same bike. No mirrors and a lot nicer bike.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
There sure is a lot of road grime, ie: spokes, under engine, etc. on it for only 2700 miles IMHO.
Maybe it's just me...:umm:

Back