For Sale - XS650 Dragster Race Motor Shell items

TwoJugs

Excess XS
Reaction score
I have a drag bike I built a while ago. Used it when the local track was open but they closed and it has sat for a few years in the garage. Currently has a fresh stock motor in it. Bored with 1st over Yamaha OEM pistons and rings. Ports cleaned, heavy clutch springs. Stock BS carbs. I used it for 1000 miles in a street bike before I installed it in the drag bike. Ran 1/8 mile track and didn't push it. Strong and still has lots left in it. Total loss MSD points ignition. Air shifter, M&H slick, wheelie bars, Auto Meter tach, Sun wheels. Lots of nice features. No it was not fast as set up now. 8s in the 1/8 with easy launches.

I also have the original motor that I took out. The previous owner passed so I do not have any info but I was told it was a fresh build, never raced. I started it in a test stand and it ran but no other info on it. I can see the ports had work and it has large pistons. Used an outboard starter, no charging system. Was set up with VM Mikunis. Ran 1/4 track at West Palm Beach, Florida. I heard that the bike ran 12s in the late 80s when ran last. I found notes showing it has compression around 14:1.

I also have another race motor I started to build. I had the crank sent the Hughs and he welded it and installed my Shell Rods. The cylinder was sent to Hoos Racing and has new sleeves installed and fitted to New Shell 400 pistons. Now a 750cc. I Started to build the head. Mild porting, Shell#3 cam, Titanium retainers, R&D springs. The valve guides were sized to clear the high lift cam. This motors needs a lot of experienced assembly and tuning still but it is a very nice start. I also have many other nice items for someone wanting to put a hot motor together. I would not expect these to be very street friendly. Fixed ignition timing, no charging system, race fuel, HD clutch and so on.

I would like to sell all or some of the items. Everything is located in South Florida so it has been tough for me to sell it locally. I am not interested in shipping small items at this time. I am planning on moving and would like to have someone come and take everything for a fair price. I also have 2 titled roller frames, 5 complete motors that run, lots of motor parts, tanks, fenders, seats, forks, brakes and so on.

I would like to get $3500 for the drag bike as it sits now with the street motor in it. I would swap out the street motor for the original race motor and include the external start, VM Mikuni carbs and gearing to go back to 1/4 mile.

I would take $1800 for the race motor I started with the welded crank, Shell rods and pistons, cylinder head, racing clutch. You will need to finish the build.

If you need small items that fit into a flat rate USPS box I might be able to ship those but nothing big. The price of shipping is crazy and it usually ends up wasting time. I will assist loading the bike onto a commercial shipping carrier if you make arrangements direct with them.

I also have another Sun rim with a brand new, never used M&H slick mounted and balanced with taller gears. This collections is full of rare and valuable parts and items. Hand written notes from Shell Thuet to the previous owner, including original invoices, tech advice. Original catalogs Yamaha factory manuals, lots of OEM new boxed items. Rims, wheels, hubs, brakes, shocks, cams, pistons valves...If someone wanted to make a drive to Ft Lauderdale and had a way to take all of this it would be worth the trip and i would give you a fair price. When you are serious and able to move on making a deal send me your name and phone number at my personal email address ustrade101@gmail.com and I will call you. I do not check in here often so write
me there for a quick response.

DSC_0045.JPG DSC_0048.JPG DSC_0049.JPG DSC_0118.JPG DSC_0119.JPG DSC_0172.JPG DSC_0122.JPG View attachment 95526 View attachment 95527 DSC_0176.JPG DSC_0245.JPG DSC_0255.JPG dragxs.jpgDSC_0045.JPG

Attachments

• crank1PS.JPG
    crank1PS.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Back